CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Better battery for Bold 9900?

Hello all, has anybody tried one of the aftermarket batteries for the Bold 9900? I saw one on ebay that's a 1900 mah, but I want to be sure it's safe for my phone, thanks for any help!
    CrackBerry User

SEIDIO | Innocell Super Extended Life Battery for BlackBerry Bold 9900

I use the Seidio with great success. After a few recharge cycles, I cannot use up the battery in a day and usually get two full days of battery life. Under light usage conditions have seen as much as five days battery life.

It does have a replacement cover which lacks NFC. I actually like the cover because I can hold the phone a bit better. I guess I could call the extended back something of a grip.

For disclosure, I am using a 9930 and I do live in an area with good Verizon signal strength.
    Thanked by:
    Pikachumom92 (12-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    PIN
    75E06EB6

im using a grey 1900mah one from ebay, its thicker than the oem one by 2mm but still fits with the original back, never had a problem with it and it lasts me two days or a day and a half with bad signal/heavy usage
    I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
    I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers.
    Thanked by:
    Pikachumom92 (12-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thank you both, Berry_Pink, I saw your post to someone else a couple of hours ago and I went ahead and bought the one on ebay! BTW, did you replace your housing or did you have someone else do it? I want an all pink housing too, but the videos of taking it apart and putting it back together look daunting to a former Nokia user!! LOL I have always switched housings before but then again, I've never had a brand new phone under warranty either PLMK
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    PIN
    75E06EB6

i replaced it myself dont worry its quite easy once youve done it the first time! the screen is a sticker (bold 9900s cant have custom coloured LCDs unless you order it custom made which im guessing is mega expensive) so at most youd mess up the keyboard which can easily be replace for £10 lol
    hope the battery works ok for you i think in reality it is the same as a 1500mah but lasting two days and costing a fiver is well worth it imo
    I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
    I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers.
    CrackBerry User

Makes me wonder if my 9930 needs a new battery. I get about 5-6 hours of heavy data usage. I also have Verizon and am in an area with a pretty consistent good signal.
    CrackBerry User

i got tons of battery off ebay..normally great so yeah