Went to my local Best Buy just now to place a preorder. Told the rep I was buying the phone outright and he said he would not allow me to process the order. Called up the manager and he said the same due to their being supply shortages of the new phones. Only good thing to come out of it was that the phones were dropping next week.

I called the 2nd closest BestBuy to me and she said the phones wouldnt be out until late September.

Anyone successfully place a preorder in for a full retail bold?
    08-08-11 07:52 PM
    Most retailers will impose a "waiting" period for off contract sales. Some don't, so good luck in your search.
    08-08-11 07:55 PM
    I'd go iPhone 5 in a heartbeat if my gf/family were able to switch from BB to iPhone 5 for the new iMessenger.
    08-08-11 08:07 PM
    Sounds really cool. What does that have to do with preorders?
    08-08-11 08:27 PM
    Sounds really cool. What does that have to do with preorders?

http://crackberry.com/new-blackberry...est-buy-canada
    08-08-11 09:29 PM
    wow thats total ba, best buy let me pre order. i didnt tell em i was buying the phone full price, but its nderstood who preorders a phone on contract? i just walked into best buy and said "i want to pre order" and the dude said "sure, thats $50" and while i was waiting i was dissing the iphone he was trying to sell me. and here i am now. seriously i feel bad for rim that no one even knows whats going on with their phones. they need to get their retailers on board soo that they can fully plan this **** out.
    08-08-11 11:15 PM
    wow thats total ba, best buy let me pre order. i didnt tell em i was buying the phone full price, but its nderstood who preorders a phone on contract? i just walked into best buy and said "i want to pre order" and the dude said "sure, thats $50" and while i was waiting i was dissing the iphone he was trying to sell me. and here i am now. seriously i feel bad for rim that no one even knows whats going on with their phones. they need to get their retailers on board soo that they can fully plan this **** out.
    So, you don't actually know the conditions that BestBuy will be selling these phones on release day? What happens if they say "Sure, dude, here's your 9900 - that's $199 now and $xx for the next 2 years on contract"?

Here in Australia, one telco has the exclusive on the 9900 and 9860. They are taking pre-orders from the 15/8/11 and releasing on 1/9/11. They will not be selling the phones full price - just on contract - even though they haven't actually advertised this fact.
    08-08-11 11:20 PM
    New BlackBerry smartphones coming to Rogers | Rogers RedBoard

About half way down the comment posts, RogersMiranda gives the answer to this situation.
    Last edited by Yuong; 08-09-11 at 12:46 AM.
    08-09-11 12:27 AM
    BestBuy Canada in Toronto (Scarborough store) wouldn't let me pre-order any (I wanted two) BlackBerry 9900s for contract upgrade.

I wanted to upgrade my whole family to the 9900, and asked if I could also buy a third one outright. The rep said it may be accepted on a case by case basis. Because I am doing two upgrades, he would be most likely be allowed to sell it outright with the two upgrades.
    08-09-11 01:27 AM
    You need to have "Dayvidpriddy power"...call up your carrier and ask for a supervisor...
    08-09-11 02:53 AM
    My comment was meant for the person talking about going to iPhone 5, wondering why that had any place in this thread.
    08-09-11 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD