Hey all,

Just got into Twitter (for sports/tech news, etc.)..

For those of you who use Twitter heavily and have some experience with the various Twitter apps (i.e. Twitter for BB, UberSocial, etc.), could you maybe highlight/recommend which one is best and possibly why?

Reason I ask is that some apps are nice, but absolutely EAT battery, yada, yada, yada - you guys know the deal. Any insight would be much appreciated - thanks!
    10-05-11 08:43 PM
    I use twitter for BB (native app), and love it, never really thoroughly tested any other clients, but you can't go wrong with the native app.
    10-05-11 08:50 PM
    native app has push notifications
    10-05-11 08:52 PM
    Does SocialScope work on Blackberry 9930? I am receiving mine tomorrow and I currently use Socialscope.
    10-05-11 09:03 PM
    Does SocialScope work on Blackberry 9930? I am receiving mine tomorrow and I currently use Socialscope.
    Yes it does.
    10-05-11 09:05 PM
    Social Scope or Native twitter.

Have not used Social Scope in a few weeks. Figured I would try Native App for a while.

Both are good IMO
    10-05-11 09:15 PM
    I use UberSocial, dislike the native app and haven't had the chance to use SS yet.
    10-05-11 09:25 PM
    I use Uber mainly and have native app just for push notifications but rarely use it for anything else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 09:29 PM
    Social Scope or Native twitter.

Have not used Social Scope in a few weeks. Figured I would try Native App for a while.

Both are good IMO

Thanks for the input, John..I've used the native app a bit - after reading what you guys have said - I might not even try anything else. Seemingly, the native app does what everyone needs.

(A bit off topic..John I saw your post in my marketplace thread asking that I post pics of the accessories, etc. - my apologies for not having done so, I simply haven't gotten around to it. Will do so soon.)
    10-05-11 09:31 PM
    I've found out that Twitter for BB is not so great on battery. So for now, I'm just using Socialscope to get my tweets.

10-05-11 10:35 PM
    UberSoc if it's available.
    10-05-11 10:55 PM
    I've been on Socialscope for over 3 years, now. Did not care for T4BB, but I haven't looked at it since it launched. Nothing has surfaced to make me want to leave Socialscope yet.

10-05-11 11:26 PM
    + 1 native twitter

I've tried them all but native works best for me.

10-05-11 11:33 PM
    I used to be all for Uber until they have ads basically always in view now.. Before it only only between x amount of tweets but now there's a popup on the bottom that's up more than it isn't.

I started using the native app and I'm starting to like it.
    10-06-11 12:07 AM
    socialscope
    10-06-11 01:24 AM
    i like the Native twitter app for blackberry because of the push notifications plus its simple and clean UI.. sure ubersocial is the way to go for features.. but it don't set well with me

i like socialscope.. just wish it had a better theme
    10-06-11 01:36 AM
    There are 3 Best Twitter Clients for Blackberry IMO:
    - Twitter for Blackberry (native app)
    - Ubertwitter
    - Socialscope

Each have their own advantages/disadvantages. Here are each strong points, CMIIW:

1. Twitter for Blackberry:
    - It's the native app!
    - Push notification. None of the other twitter apps has this one

2. Ubertwitter:
    - Themes! Themes! Themes! There are several app theme. And you can download other themes as welll
    - Most Number of Tweet received. You can store max 1000 number of tweets without the 'loading/refresh' message.

3. Socialscope:
    - Facebook, Flickr, Foursquare integration. No need open other apps (of course it means this means.. bigger size app)

As for the user interface.. it's all very subjective. I love T4BB and Socialscope best for their clean interface. But Ubertwitter offers more fun with more options.
    I also noticed that the ubertwitter is relatively has the best performance among the three (faster in retrieving tweets) but others may experience different things..

Best way is to try those three and decide which one you're going to keep
    10-06-11 03:07 AM
    Currently using T4BB (no battery problems whatsoever) and also have SS on my 9650, which is fine. Uber to me is way too cluttered, UI-wise, and probably appeals to a younger audience (no offense intended there, it's just not for me). Never liked T4BB before the 9930 because I thought it was way too slow, but it's smooth as silk on OS7.
    10-06-11 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD