I used to always take screen captures via FileScout, ever since OS 7 was released, Filescout has went down the drain full of bugs like:

1) if you change the screen capture save location, it never actually changes it and always stores it in the default path of the device.

2) when you try sending a file from Filescout to a user via the BBM Integration, you see that the file was sent and everything, but that user never actually received anything.

The developer is of no help and kept blaming me to do battery pulls and set the application permissions to allow all which I have obviously done since that is how I install all my apps anyway. Useless really, I have uninstalled FileScout and am looking for an alternative way to take screen captures

which is the best one out there

Free or paid I don't mind
    08-24-11 05:54 AM
    Screengrabber from Jared is the one I used on my 9700 and have installed on my 9900 and havent got any complaints to be honest!

Although...I havent actually tried grabbing a screen yet on my 9900...
    08-24-11 06:45 AM
    Have you tried QuickLaunch? I used it over FileScout's screen capture.
    08-24-11 06:50 AM
    +1 for Quicklaunch. It's built into the app and works great.
    08-24-11 06:53 AM
    Six tools has added it to its app. Awesome app :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 06:53 AM
    QuickLaunch, for a Gillion reasons and it has Screen Capture.

08-24-11 06:55 AM
    I will jump on the QuickLaunch bandwagon as well, easy to use for screen capture and has a lot of other cool features. It has also been updated recently to work with all OS7 devices.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...evices-640780/
    08-24-11 07:29 AM
    Have you tried QuickLaunch? I used it over FileScout's screen capture.
    Yeah I have, it's nice, but in some apps it wont allow you to take a screen shot like for example, if you are in Meter Berry, you can't take a screenshot

Maybe I can contact Cheetah Ace
    08-24-11 07:31 AM
    Yeah I have, it's nice, but in some apps it wont allow you to take a screen shot like for example, if you are in Meter Berry, you can't take a screenshot

Maybe I can contact Cheetah Ace

It always worked for me; strange.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-24-11 07:32 AM
    Whoa, nevermind, in the past it didn't work in MeterBerry! Now it works perfectly!

Thanks a lot! Saves me the hassle of installing a new app
    08-24-11 07:35 AM
    I've used Capture It for years. It's free. I have Six Tools, which also offers it, but I use that for other reasons.
    08-24-11 08:05 AM
    i use zonasnap.. can send to photobucket automatically. the icons and UI is kind of ugly though, hopefully they spruces it up and give proper os7 support
    08-24-11 08:11 AM
    CaptureIt and it's free. that's what makes it so great for me.
    08-24-11 08:14 AM
    In meter berry, you will have to use a convenience key to open QL, then use a hotkey.

Works best that way.

08-24-11 08:21 AM
    In meter berry, you will have to use a convenience key to open QL, then use a hotkey.

Works best that way.

Yup that's what worked this time. In the past I had QL launch via the letter Q which is why it didn't work before.

But since I got the 9900 and wanted to keep universal search, so I set QL to launch via the convenience key which explains why it worked now
    08-24-11 08:25 AM
    Zonasnap and QL
    08-24-11 08:28 AM
    i use zonasnap.. can send to photobucket automatically. the icons and UI is kind of ugly though, hopefully they spruces it up and give proper os7 support
    can do the same with QL, just add the photobucket upload addy to contacts and email it from QL
    08-24-11 08:43 AM
    I guess I should have said "why" worry about one utility when QL gives you the entire Swiss Army knife? It gets updated quite often and works extremely well too.

08-24-11 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD