waited and waited (and waited) for the 9900 to come out on AT&T, and have been on the fence ever since it was released due to the bricking issues, battery life, and camera. the only thing i am still worried about is the camera. i figure an OS update and extra battery will take care of the other two. i'll just have to get used to not being able to use the camera in the same way i have with my 9700 and 9810 for the past few years.

anyways...is there any preferred place to get one? i'll be getting one under contract, so i have to get it through AT&T one way or another. a local AT&T non-corporate store has some that "have been around for months". i'm assuming that the local corporate AT&T store has some fresh stock. and i can pick one up at places like amazon.com, bestbuymobile, etc.

i don't know if there is any benefit in getting newer stock (any manufacturing improvements made along the way) or if any retailers get their phones from different sources that have different "builds" (mexico, hungary, etc.). i doubt either is the case, but figured it was worth asking.

assuming i have a choice, is anything else i should look for when getting one (codes on the box, etc.)?

thanks a lot for any help you can give.

brian
    03-13-12 10:45 AM
    watching for answers - could have been my OP . . .
    03-13-12 11:20 AM
    I bought my 9900 at Costco. I paid $49.99 for it, although now I think it's $79.99. Obviously you have to be a member to get it, but if you are, I think that's your best bet. I have had no issues with my phone in the almost 4 months of owning it. Battery life is decent in that I get a full day (7am-11pm) out of it with moderate usage, and I have had no issues with it not turning on. Mine was assembled in Mexico, in case you were wondering.
    03-13-12 11:46 AM
    bestbuy mobile is a good place. they also price match and have great services. Not sure on where most of the bolds have been assembled
    03-13-12 12:31 PM
    Honestly... For the price of a penny you can order a refurbished on AT&Ts website. It carries a warranty and hopefully has been repaired and free of any issues.

Not sure what the problem is, but I don't see it available for a premier customer. AT&T told me I would have to call them to see if they can give me a refurbished unit. Weird that it's available for regular customers, but not premier... Guess I need to make a call.
    03-13-12 08:26 PM
    x2 on costco. paid $50, great experience overall
    03-13-12 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD