Just got a new 9900. What are the best plans in the USA? I've tried searching in carrier forums as well as providers sites (ATT etc) but have found no info. Appreciate your help!
    05-28-16 03:24 PM
    There is no BIS in the US anymore
    05-28-16 04:02 PM
    There is no BIS in the US anymore
    That's interesting because a lot of Americans seem to be using it.
    05-28-16 04:29 PM
    That's interesting because a lot of Americans seem to be using it.
    Your confusing BlackBerry Enterprise Service with BlackBerry Internet Service. BIS hasn't been used since OS10 came out and the Cell Networks no longer support it.
    05-28-16 04:38 PM
    Your confusing BlackBerry Enterprise Service with BlackBerry Internet Service. BIS hasn't been used since OS10 came out and the Cell Networks no longer support it.
    You're wrong. I use a 9900 on AT&T with BIS.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    05-28-16 04:59 PM
    No I meant BIS. There are currently 91 countries that support it and the US is one.
    [IMG]html>
    <head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx</center>
    </body>
    </html>
    [/IMG]

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-28-16 05:08 PM
    All the major US carriers still support BIS.

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    05-28-16 05:12 PM
    Here's my phone -- note it's on AT&T, the BIS symbol is showing, and I have group and individual BBMs waiting (no BIS, no BBM on BBOS phones).

Attached Thumbnails Best BIS service USA-tapaupload0.jpg  
    05-28-16 05:39 PM
    Here's my phone -- note it's on AT&T, the BIS symbol is showing, and I have group and individual BBMs waiting (no BIS, no BBM on BBOS phones).

I wouldn't run wifi either if I had 4G speeds How much data do you get each month? I get 5 GB's and can never come close to use it all unless I was on my iphone.

05-28-16 05:46 PM
    How much data do you get each month?
    I have 5 Gb for the Passport (I rarely hit 3) and 2 Gb for the Bold -- and I never get close with it. I'm on the Passport most of the time, but the 9900 is a real miser on data (as you know, Ralph).

05-28-16 06:30 PM
    Verizon BIS working fine for me in US. Same monthly as my BB10 devices.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-29-16 04:58 AM
    Do you have some kind of data transfer limits via BIS in US? Or Canada?
    05-29-16 05:13 AM
    And for those of us in the UK ...

I have previously used the 3 network and now on giffgaff, which works very well and where BIS is a free add-on with any of their monthly goodybags (data plans). The 3 network used to charge �5 pcm to access BIS.

If any UK 99'ers would like a referral to giffgaff, with small cash reward, please PM me
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 05-29-16 at 06:31 AM.
    05-29-16 05:23 AM
    All the major US carriers still support BIS.

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    Tmobile does not?
    05-29-16 05:30 AM

How much is it? I can't seem to find pricing on the att site?
    05-29-16 05:31 AM
    How much is it? I can't seem to find pricing on the att site?
    BIS is free with AT&T these days.

Once you provision your SIM card, their network will recognize your phone as a legacy BlackBerry, and BIS will start working -- which is a good thing, since it's quite likely your vanilla AT&T support 'droid will not know what you're talking about or deny the existence of BIS.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    05-29-16 07:57 PM
    When i try going to the AT&T BIS url i get a bad url. what is the url of the bis site you're connected to?

BIS is free with AT&T these days.

Once you provision your SIM card, their network will recognize your phone as a legacy BlackBerry, and BIS will start working -- which is a good thing, since it's quite likely your vanilla AT&T support 'droid will not know what you're talking about or deny the existence of BIS.

06-16-16 11:53 PM
    I'm in Canada, Eh. I went to the TELUS store and they said that they no longer have BIS and then I went to Bell and they had no idea what i was talking about. Do you know if a basic data plan would work for BIS? or any canadian carriers that offer BIS?
    thoughts?

Be Bold. Blackberry 9900.
    06-17-16 07:35 AM
    I'm in Canada, Eh. I went to the TELUS store and they said that they no longer have BIS and then I went to Bell and they had no idea what i was talking about. Do you know if a basic data plan would work for BIS? or any canadian carriers that offer BIS?
    thoughts?

If I remember correct - Ralph is from Canada. And he mentioned that his carrier is Rogers? And ofc, he has BIS.

Correct, Ralph?
    06-17-16 09:14 AM
    If I remember correct - Ralph is from Canada. And he mentioned that his carrier is Rogers? And ofc, he has BIS.

Correct, Ralph?
    I can't speak for Telus, but Rogers does have it included. I thought Telus would have it though because they use Sasktel lines here in Saskatchewan and Sasktel still sells Blackberries right in the stores with BIS.

06-17-16 10:40 AM
    I can't speak for Telus, but Rogers does have it included.
    I think when my contract is up, I'm gonna switch over to rogers. Lol my 9900 is actually a Rogers branded unit but its unlocked. Its meant to be!

06-17-16 12:35 PM
    T-Mobile USA does have BIS available. When you sign up online you have to go to the bottom and look at 'Other Services' and click on the BlackBerry Services. The cheapest plan with BIS is forty dollars a month. I think you get two or three gigabytes of data. However, you will probably never get near the limit for data.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-16 06:24 AM
    thoughts?

It appears that both Telus and Bell may still have BIS. Bell and Telus still advertise BlackBerry prepaid plans. I suspect they still have postpaid plans too, but haven't seen ads. The account setup pages for both still exist:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telus

https://bell.blackberry.com/

Maybe the reps just don't know about it? Or maybe it's considered a legacy service and they don't offer new accounts.
    06-18-16 11:14 AM
    You're right. Disregard my post below. It took a day or so after activation but BIS is active on my AT&T 9900. I will never consider a phone Blackberry if it doesn't have BIS or BBM. What is Blackberry thinking? Current phones aren't Blackberrys, they're Androids.
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-18-16 10:59 PM
    Can anyone here please tell me how Big Red handles BIS? Does it cost extra? My Verizon 9930 should be arriving tomorrow.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW Z30
    06-19-16 11:18 AM
28 12