Hi,
    I recently decided to use bedside mode when charging my 9900 overnight. I have noticed a couple of things I find confusing and I would like to know if they are normal behavior or not.

1- I selected "dismiss clock automatically", but the clock stays on all night. Isn't it supposed to turn the screen off completely?

2- If I restrict the bedtime mode hours, say from 10pm to 8am, and I set it to charge outside those hours, then the screen stays bright (displays the clock) and the keyboard stays lit (never turns off). Once it's 10pm, it will enter bedside mode and turn the keyboard off and dim the screen. Is all that normal? The clock will still be on for the night, though.

Thanks for any input!!
    03-22-12 07:54 PM
    Hey Rfig, the "Dismiss Clock Automatically" has to do with when you take your 9900 off the charger. I use the charging pod most nights with mine, and with the option enabled, when I remove it from the pod, it closes the Clock, and brings me back to the homescreen. If you don't enable it, when you're done charging, the clock will stay up.

As for your second question, it sounds like normal behaviour to me. I haven't verified that bedside mode enables on its own once it hits the right time, but when I think about it, that makes perfect sense from a usability standpoint. It's normal for the clock to stay up while charging, bedside mode or not.

Hope this helps.
    rfig likes this.
    03-22-12 08:01 PM
    Hi,

I recently decided to use bedside mode when charging my 9900 overnight. I have noticed a couple of things I find confusing and I would like to know if they are normal behavior or not.

1- I selected "dismiss clock automatically", but the clock stays on all night. Isn't it supposed to turn the screen off completely?
    Zephryn is correct. The "dismiss clock automatically" will close the clock when you remove the 9900 from the charger.

2- If I restrict the bedtime mode hours, say from 10pm to 8am, and I set it to charge outside those hours, then the screen stays bright (displays the clock) and the keyboard stays lit (never turns off). Once it's 10pm, it will enter bedside mode and turn the keyboard off and dim the screen. Is all that normal? The clock will still be on for the night, though.

Thanks for any input!!

This is all normal.
    rfig likes this.
    03-22-12 08:14 PM
    Hey Zephryn and MayorHaji,

Thanks a lot for your answers. That explains all my concerns. The only thing that still bothers me is that, when charging but not in bedside mode, the keyboard stays lit. It would be nice if it just turned off, but I can certainly live with it.

Thanks again!!
    03-22-12 10:42 PM

Thanks a lot for your answers. That explains all my concerns. The only thing that still bothers me is that, when charging but not in bedside mode, the keyboard stays lit. It would be nice if it just turned off, but I can certainly live with it.

Thanks again!!
    ...or perhaps there's a configuration setting for that.

Personally, I love the way my 9900 looks on my bedside table with the analog clockface and the lit keyboard.
    Last edited by Thunderbuck; 03-23-12 at 12:06 AM.
    03-23-12 12:04 AM
    ...or perhaps there's a configuration setting for that.

Personally, I love the way my 9900 looks on my bedside table with the analog clockface and the lit keyboard.
    Sorry, but I don't. It might look pretty, but it is too bright in a dark bedroom, and I find it uncomfortable. Luckily the keyboard backlight does go off when on bedside mode. I set it up to work that way between 10pm and 8am, which is the time I usually have my phone in the charging cradle.
    03-23-12 10:06 AM
    When not in bedside mode, and if "do nothing" is set when charging, the phone back light and clock should not be visible.
    03-23-12 01:39 PM

Thanks again!!
    This is normal. While it's charging, press the button at the top of the phone. The screen / keyboard will shut off.
    03-24-12 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD