Having a weird issue with my Studio Beats headphones and the 9930 over the last few days. Sometimes when I connect it, the right ear doesn't work at all.

When I'm not on a phone call or playing music, I hear sounds in the right ear. I'm no techie, so the best way I can describe it is like a robot whispering to me. For the most part, it feels like there's some kind of signal interference.

Anyone know why I'm having this issue, or if there's a workaround? I don't use my BB for music or video often, but I like being hands free on calls. Hearing through one ear only is really frustrating.

Cheers!
    10-06-11 10:58 PM
    I am having the same problem, but that's because i used the black cord which has a mic. When i changed to the red cord which has no mic, the problem disappeared. So i guess the rings matter. you can give it a try or plug in another set of headphone
    10-07-11 01:34 AM
    I am having the same problem, but that's because i used the black cord which has a mic. When i changed to the red cord which has no mic, the problem disappeared. So i guess the rings matter. you can give it a try or plug in another set of headphone

I actually don't have a red cord without the mic. Switched to the black cord tonight and had the same problem. But I think you're right in believing it has to do with the microphone. I used Tour in-ear Beats on my 9930 and had to click the mic to activate it properly. Must be some new, similar trick here.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-07-11 02:23 AM
    Same here. The black cord doesn't work properly, as one of the speakers is 'muted'. I haven't tried with the red cord though, gonna give it a try tonight.
    10-07-11 02:51 AM
    i have same problem with my playbook until i pull the jack out a lil then it works
    10-07-11 04:45 AM
    hi
    sorry for my english :/
    i hqd the same problem with my 9900; and to delete this problem you have to plug the headphones to your device first and after switch on the headphones ...

Enjoy !
    mustafa Fakhruddin likes this.
    12-25-11 10:08 AM
    Mine work fine with my 9900
    12-25-11 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD