hey, i download bbsak so i could reload the OS.. after reading threads i felt confident enough to try it..

I clicked Reload OS first, to check if it picked up the OS i installed on my PC and it didnt.. so i thought it wouldnt, untill there wasnt an OS on my phone..

So stupidly i wiped my phone and tried it, but it wont pick up the OS i have installed.. Does anyone know why?

03-15-12 11:31 AM
    Try using Desktop Manager.
    03-15-12 11:41 AM
    Remove the two vendor.xml files...
    03-15-12 11:41 AM
    Remove the two vendor.xml files...
    I have deleted them both, still nothing.

Also, the Desktop manager is now reloading 7.0.0.540, as i was getting the 507 error

but id still like to know why BBSAK Doesnt work for me
    03-15-12 11:43 AM
    I have deleted them both, still nothing.

Also, the Desktop manager is now reloading 7.0.0.540, as i was getting the 507 error

but id still like to know why BBSAK Doesnt work for me
    Mate, why would you want to use it in the first place?
    03-15-12 11:54 AM
    hey, i download bbsak so i could reload the OS.. after reading threads i felt confident enough to try it..

I clicked Reload OS first, to check if it picked up the OS i installed on my PC and it didnt.. so i thought it wouldnt, untill there wasnt an OS on my phone..

So stupidly i wiped my phone and tried it, but it wont pick up the OS i have installed.. Does anyone know why?

Click to view quoted image
    Don't use BBsak to install the new OS. You need to use App loader on you PC.

Read this.

ELITE1's Quick UPGRADE GUIDE

1. Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome.*
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional) Run Shrink-A-OS.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.

03-15-12 12:14 PM
    BBSAK hasn't been updated for awhile and it doesn't recognize OS 7.
    03-15-12 01:03 PM
    BBSAK hasn't been updated for awhile and it doesn't recognize OS 7.
    I miss it. I used it all of the time when installing or uninstalling apps on my other phones. They probably moved to an iphone or android!!!!
    03-15-12 03:28 PM
    I miss it. I used it all of the time when installing or uninstalling apps on my other phones. They probably moved to an iphone or android!!!!
    Yep, still works for wiping if ya want. Not sure but seems I read you can still backup with it but it doesn't see the OS for installs.
    03-15-12 03:45 PM

Click to view quoted image
    First "Kill processes" and then "connect".
    BBSAK works great, BBHTool also.
    That should work!
    Last edited by jhwo99; 03-15-12 at 03:54 PM.
    03-15-12 03:52 PM
    I think it all ready found his phone but it isn't finding the OS installed on the computer.

Delete both vendor.xml files and run loader. For some reason loader didn't work when I installed the new OS on my phone but dm did.
    03-15-12 03:55 PM
    This could also help:

If deleting both vendors doesn't help:
    Go to your registry: Start - Prompt - regedit - HKLM - Software - Research in Motion - Apploader - Searchpaths.
    If you have installed one OS you will see this one when you click on the number which you can see under Searchpaths.

If you have installed one os but you see more "numbers" in Searchpaths you have to delete them.

After doing this you can install every OS you want.
    marcho11 likes this.
    03-15-12 04:07 PM
    This could also help:

If deleting both vendors doesn't help:
    Go to your registry: Start - Prompt - regedit - HKLM - Software - Research in Motion - Apploader - Searchpaths.
    If you have installed one OS you will see this one when you click on the number which you can see under Searchpaths.

If you have installed one os but you see more "numbers" in Searchpaths you have to delete them.

After doing this you can install every OS you want.
    Man... I was about ready to put my fist through my computer screen. This solved my problem. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-30-12 12:30 PM
    Isn't that automatically fixed if you just make sure only one os is installed?
    10-30-12 10:40 PM
    please tell me where i can find blackberry desktop MANAGER , not the blackberry desktop SOFTWARE , the MANAGER, i can not find it anywhere on the internet please help.
    08-04-13 03:46 AM
    hello
    please tell me where i can find blackberry desktop MANAGER , not the blackberry desktop SOFTWARE , the MANAGER, i can not find it anywhere on the internet please help.
    08-04-13 03:53 AM
    hello
    Same thing are they not?
    08-04-13 05:50 AM
    08-04-13 07:25 AM
    On the link above! Or go to BlackBerry.com click on the software tab at the top. You should see desktop manager.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:35 PM