Hello Everyone!

Recently updated the BBM7, and ever since then the battery troubles have been really bad. I only have the 5 native apps running, but my battery drains from 100% to 15% in about 2hrs with minimal usage. Worst part is, the battery indicator indicates a healthy battery level, but then phone goes into no radio use because of low battery. This is really really bothering me. I deleted and reinstalled BBM7 and its the same problem.

Anyone else with the same issues? Any known fixes?

Regards,

Giles
    12-15-12 07:50 PM
    I've had bbm7 since beta and no issues whatsoever in any respect including battery.
    12-15-12 08:06 PM
    Hello Everyone!

Recently updated the BBM7, and ever since then the battery troubles have been really bad. I only have the 5 native apps running, but my battery drains from 100% to 15% in about 2hrs with minimal usage. Worst part is, the battery indicator indicates a healthy battery level, but then phone goes into no radio use because of low battery. This is really really bothering me. I deleted and reinstalled BBM7 and its the same problem.

Anyone else with the same issues? Any known fixes?

Regards,

Giles
    You can only tell by using device analyzer. My BBM7 works perfectly and battery drain is the same as previous OS's...

Chances are it's some app you installed on the device...
    12-15-12 08:14 PM
    How do I use device analyser? this is getting really annoying, full charge on batter, 20min phone call and its almost dead!!!
    12-15-12 10:37 PM
    How do I use device analyser? this is getting really annoying, full charge on batter, 20min phone call and its almost dead!!!
    sounds like you might have a bad battery or you need to reinstall os
    12-15-12 10:48 PM
    Go to options and hold down the Alt Key while typing BBDA. You will see a message about Device Analyser being turned on. Next, go to "Battery tests" and choose "Battery draining too quickly" It's self explanatory from there.
    12-16-12 09:18 AM
    Mine has also gone down a little bit since updating to the betas.
    12-16-12 02:27 PM
    just buy a high capacity battery off ebay, they last pretty well, i can go 2 days without charging mine with mine
    12-17-12 04:53 PM
    draining my battery too. in 6 hours i notice a 10% decrease than before i downloaded bbm7

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 12:51 AM
    I too just updated software to v7.1.0.714 and having major battery issues. Had battery issues before update too.

No apps running and battery dead within two hours. Not even using phone and it's completely drained. Battery Analyser says the module with the highest CPU time is net_rim_bb_ribbon_app. I'm putting it down to a dud battery and have ordered one online. Hopefully that'll solve the issue, as can't go on for a couple of months like this until BB10 arrives!!!!
    12-18-12 08:36 AM
    Hmmm..

I had this for the 1st time last week 1 day at work. (On both BIS & BES)

Battery on 80% 1 moment, the next its on 2% no running apps (Outside the default ones) nothing installed, nothing changed etc the only thing updated of late was BBM7 and BBID. The only other thing I did (Which I remember) before it died was searching for a file on my remote server via BES & file manager.

Battery monitor showed the battery die (as a thin grey line) and it was way way off of my normal daily usage and graph. Odd thing was it didn't shutdown the radio on me, and it would still let me make calls even though it kept telling me low battery.

A battery pull & reboot resolved the issue and the battery was back up to where it should of been for the days usage. Very odd and the 1st time that's ever happened on this phone. The graph also recovered, and continued to plot as a bold black line rather than a thin one.

Not had the problem again yet, but I am keeping an eye and putting it down to a software glitch rather than an actual battery drain.
    12-23-12 09:04 AM
    A new battery has been purchased, and whilst it's not brilliant it's much better than it was. Putting it down to the battery. Anyway, not long now to BB10!!!!!!!
    Last edited by nblackwood; 12-29-12 at 10:26 AM.
    12-27-12 06:03 PM