Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By otacon
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default bbm7 draining battery?

it seems as if ever since ive downloaded the latest version of bbm7 from the beta zone, my phone has been draining battery when i turn off my wifi. before when i went to school with 100% in the morning, by 3:00 id have about 88% battery left but ever since i downloaded bbm 7 (i keep wifi off while in school) in the same ammont of time i go from 100% to about 78%. i noticed that when my wifi's off the bbm says that i can't use bbm talk when im in the bbm app.

anyone else notice this??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hmm now that you mention it I have noticed that as well. Seeing as how I don't use the voice chat with anybody at the moment I'm going to downgrade.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28A006EA

I have had BBM7 beta since the first day it's been released. Never noticed any drainage in battery. Strange...
    Curve 8300 -> Curve 8320 -> Bold 9780 -> Torch 9860 -> Bold 9900 -> Z10
    iPad 1 -> iPad 2 -> Playbook 64gb
    bluetroll likes this.

Global Posts
    36,616 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

10% variance day to day isn't much, but I'd expect beta to use a bit more battery. It uses more resources.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Zee - Cue Warrior ..``..``..``..``.. Born to  ..``..``..``..``.. BBOS Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Master

I've been using BBM7 since it launched in the Beta Zone. I haven't noticed any strange battery drain but I'd have to agree with Wulf that a beta would use more resources.

To answer your question about BBM Voice not working when not on Wi-Fi, that's just how it is. It's stated that you can only use it while connected to Wi-Fi. Whether or not they'll change this in the final release is unknown, at least to me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Default bbm7 draining battery?

i know that bbm voice or whatever its called doesnt work when wifi is off, thats not what im trying to say here. I'm just saying that i for the past week now my bb is left with 10% less batter than usual over a 6 hour period where the bb is in my locker the entire time. also keep in mind that i have not downloaded anything new or changed any setting on my phone or turned anything off (my nfc and bluetooth are always on because when they are off my battery ends up at 88% at the end of school day and when they are off my battery is STILL at 88% at the end of the end, and yes i have done numerous test). all i know is bbm7 has been eating at my battery recently

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Newbie

Just installed last night. Has drained my battery in 8 hours totally dead. Normally would last 2 days. How to revert back?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr SJM View Post
    Just installed last night. Has drained my battery in 8 hours totally dead. Normally would last 2 days. How to revert back?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9531298/FileChute/bbm.jad here is version 6.2.0.56 for os 7.1
    God, Forgives I Dont.. BB Abuser...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Rebooting phone solved my problem. BBM 7 was using 80% cpu all day. Now back to normal
    CrackBerry Abuser

Also noticed BBM 7.0 using extra 10% power

I don't really need it, downloaded BBM 6.0 for OS 7.1 (6.2.0.56) and replaced it, no issues now!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

No... Working rock solid!