Ever since installing all latest os updates (Rogers network) and running latest BBM version all was fine on both my office wifi and my home network.

Suddenly about 4-5 days ago, I cannot open BBM voice. I get the greyed out icon in top right with the red error indicator that reads "your voice chat session cannot be established"

My wife's curve running os 7 and lates BBM is fine ... My son's Bold 9780 is fine. Only mine has stopped working. I can still connect at work but not on my home wifi network.

I use a D-Link 655 router. Never had any issues. No drops on any of our wireless devices....

Can anyone offer some help? It worked fine until just 4-5 days ago. Since then it doesn't even go green, even just sporadically.
    04-06-13 11:52 AM
    Problem resolved..... I also had the issue posted on Blackberry's support forums. I got this reply and this method solved the problem without any router mods, port editing etc .... Simple fix. Here were the instructions..... Follow the instructions .. Don't cheat or skip steps. This resolved my issue fully.

I hope it might help someone else.

With a strong carrier network signal, I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT
    KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
    Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app
    2) Resend Service Books
    KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
    Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.
    3) Batt Pull Reboot
    With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.
    Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

BBM Voice Chat suddenly won't work on Bold 9900 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Cheers
    04-06-13 01:52 PM
    woow nice man. thanks for sharing this. It helped me getting voice bbm back to life.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-10-13 09:00 AM
    WTF is this supposed to mean? Are these codes actually intelligent instructions? April Fools?

When you get a memory leak does it run out of the back cover or just stay inside the case?

I have the same problem with a Bold. Just a grayed out BBM Voice icon to everybody else. Connection isn't relavent. It even happens off the same WiFi router with my Curve.
    Last edited by LarryLix; 10-27-13 at 06:42 AM. Reason: typos
    10-27-13 06:41 AM