PLEASE HELP!!!

I was on a business plan with Telus here in Canada and I recently left my job and was allowed to keep my phone number. My husband added me to our Rogers family plan, and I knew I had to unlock my phone, so I went online and paid $15 to do so. I went into the local Rogers Store, stuck in the new SIM card and I was off and running... or so I thought. within 20 minutes my BBM stopped working and so did me email. Called Rogers tech support and they told me to go to "SETUP" to try and delete my old telus blackberry email, but it would not allow me access saying it couldn't connect to the server. The Rogers tech guy said i had to phone Telus to try and delete the email from their end. So I called Telus tech support, talked to an incredibly helpful individual who, after almost an hour determined that in my OPTIONS-DEVICE-ADVANCED SYSTEMS SETTING-TCP-IP that my APN Settings Enabled is still connecting to bb.telus.com, which means even though my phone is unlocked and that I am with Rogers, my blackberry is still trying to connect with my old company. Sooooo I went back to the Rogers store and the clerk was about as helpful as t*ts on a bull and said that "Rogers tech support mostlikely won't help you out any further because your device is not one of ours".

I became quite animated and upset, but he slide me a piece of papaer and suggested that I try website for answers.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-18-12 08:38 PM
    I would try to wipe and reload the OS.
    11-18-12 09:05 PM
    So if I back up what I currently have downloaded, and then wipe the device, then reload my backed up information *(that was all previous downloaded on my telus account), there won't be an issue?
    11-18-12 09:23 PM
    That's usually how it works. You could just try to back up, then wipe and reinstall. Don't restore your backed up data. Try out the OS and see if it's all working. If it is, then restore your data using DM and if all is still working you're golden.
    11-18-12 10:23 PM
    Yes...you'd have to perform a selective restore...contacts/BBM, but not e-mail, for now. 1st, wipe and load the new OS and see that everything is working as you want it to, then selectively restore what you need, but not the e-mail or the e-mail account, or the APN settings. Before a wipe, you could start though by changing your APN settings 1st and see if that works. You can delete your e-mail account from the device through the e-mail setup screen, then add the e-mail account you want. As a side note, you should use another type of e-mail account, that's not tied to the carrier, like gmail or hotmail for example. You generally can't access another carrier's BIS account - but there seems to be some issue with your setup.
    11-18-12 10:25 PM
    Do you also have a blackberry data plan on your account rather than a generic data plan?
    11-19-12 01:05 AM
    The reason is your old account from your ex carrier-wipe and back selectively....just contacts,mails,sms...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-19-12 06:20 AM