Quick question. Tried searching everywhere. Is it me or when I go to my BBM and select options the backup option is not there anymore?
    01-25-13 11:19 AM
    NO you are not the only one, I did that yesterday as well, was gonna e-maill BB about it and search here on the forums.......need to create a back-up of all my existing and new contacts, groups and everything else BBM......I hope someone has an answer
    01-25-13 11:37 AM
    If your using the new BBM then there is *no* backup/restore function any longer - It's all done via your BBID

I don't believe there is any way to extract a backup from it either. If you had backups from the old BBM you can copy those from the device or memory card, but v7 of BBM will NOT let you restore them...

Also note desktop manager will no longer backup BBM contacts either.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-25-13 11:40 AM
    Ok Thanks. That really sucks I liked have a backup on my memory card
    01-25-13 11:47 AM
    Yep - me too, but BBID integration was the way to go - it meant you could take your contact list to any device you signed in to. It would be nice if there was a way to take backup still (in the event anything happened to your BBID)

If you look through here you will find people talking about the odd time it goes wrong and they drop there contacts - I hear that 1 or 2 people have had issues being auto re-added to groups otherwise I (touch wood) haven't had any problems so far.
    01-25-13 05:28 PM