Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM 7 Installation Problem

Hey guys I'm using blackberry 9900 factory unlocked. I'm on os 7.1 I'm trying to install bbm 7 but there is no update for bbm in my app world ! When I'm trying to dload it direclty through the link its showing me that my cell does nt support the requirement ! I dnt knw wats wrong ? Can anybody please help me.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    PIN
    24CA5D48 PB pin 502763C8

Your device and OS should and does support BBM 7. Have you refreshed your app list in App World? Try a battery pull! Which link are you using? The more info you supply the better the help. Good luck
    9300, 9900, Z10, Z30 . PlayBook 64GB. Nexus 7 v2 Kit Kat
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts

Open appworld.
    Hold down ALT and press R S T R S T
    Should reset appworld.
    Re-open and goto My World
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28F5A8DE

I am facing the same problem. :|

I tried direct downloading from BlackBerry Messenger, it gives a message "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Messenger."

And the messenger just doesn't show up in the app world! Earlier i remember updating my bbm from the app world .. but now it doesn't show there. Tried refreshing the app list and also pressing alt + RSTRST. Doesn't seem to work.

I am running OS 7.1.0.746 on my bb9900 provided by Redington India.

Please help ....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

i open the browser and went to blackberry.com/messenger and it downloaded fine.. also reset app world is alt + rst
    God, Forgives I Dont.. BB Abuser...
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28F5A8DE

Quote Originally Posted by Diok_Mhf View Post
    i open the browser and went to blackberry.com/messenger and it downloaded fine.. also reset app world is alt + rst
    Tried that too. Still getting the same result as before ...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts

last ditch try (besides doing a wipe and reload of the OS) is to delete BBM and re-install it, see what happens.

BTW, I would back up the contact list...wait...the whole device before trying.

Also might want to try updating appworld if you haven't already.

http://us.blackberry.com/apps/app-world/download.html
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

you can try connecting your phone to a computer and going to BlackBerry App World - Free BlackBerry Apps - Official Store signing in with your blackberry id and downloading it directly to the phone maybe it works
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28F5A8DE

Re-installed the app world. No luck. Wiped my phone and re_installed the OS, No luck again.

Went to app world to install it through DM, logged in with my bbID, it says "The Item is not available for your Device Model, Device OS, Carrier and Country combination.". Confirmed it with some of my friends, none of them got this and were able to download it without an issue. Also in app world it says, "Unavailable for your Device".

Please Help !!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28F5A8DE

Though i dont think this should create a problem, But i am using OS 7.1.0.746 provided by Redington India, and I am using a Vodafone connection. Vodafone provides OS 7.1.0.523. Trying to downgrade and then see if it helps.

Please post your views ....
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    http://rroyy.com

Default BBM 7 Installation Problem

Head to rroyy.com and get it from there
    Check http://rroyy.com for my OTA archive and donations...

Questions? Please ask via twitter not checking forum DMs...
    @rr_yy
    Thanked by:
    giggu (12-12-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28F5A8DE

Quote Originally Posted by rroyy View Post
    Head to rroyy.com and get it from there
    Downloading from rroyy.com worked

Still doesnt show up in my App World Installed list

Thnkyu
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

i tried downloading it from www.bbin.in site and when it got installed. i lost my blackberry messenger. i deleted from app manager. n tried downloading my old version (6.2.0.4) the one which i was using earlier. but i was getting msg that bbm can be downloaded. i goggled the earlier version v6 and its working fine nw. but the prob is that its showing reinstall bbm in app world. because i have downloaded it from another googled link. but bbm is working fine. should i try downloading it from www.rroyy.com ? but im scared i will loose my bbm again..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

i would reinstall from app world.. if it goes bad you can always downgrade to the version you have now
    Thanked by:
    kidvirgo (12-12-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    PIN
    DROP SILENCE

I downloaded from rroy's link 2 days back and it upgraded perfectly.
    BB Users from India, check out www.bbindia.net
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Should I delete my current version and try downloading rroyy version n give it a try ?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28F5A8DE

Quote Originally Posted by rohanj.0606 View Post
    Should I delete my current version and try downloading rroyy version n give it a try ?
    Yes. Just back up ur contacts and update it from rroyy's site
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default can't download

i went to rroyy.com and i saw the list on BBMs, but when i click on the link, a page appears with some weird codes...i cant download it, please help me! bb without bbm is nothing!

thanks
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28F5A8DE

Quote Originally Posted by HJA1 View Post
    i went to rroyy.com and i saw the list on BBMs, but when i click on the link, a page appears with some weird codes...i cant download it, please help me! bb without bbm is nothing!

thanks
    1. Backup ur bbm contacts.
    2. Go to RROYY - APPLICATIONS from your phone's browser.
    3. Depending on your device's OS version, download the respective Blackberry Messenger.
    4. It will ask you to replace the old version with the new one. Click on 'replace'.
    5. Wait for the process to complete and restart your device.
    6. Click on bbm icon and wait. It will ask you to sign-in with your blackberry ID. Do so and let the process complete.
    7. You're good to use your bbm7 now
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

It worked like charm ! Thanx guys !
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Guys I need another favor ! I'm nt getting my facebook notifications like poke or instant comment update properly ! I mean poke update have been stopped since many months ! I have logged my gb account through my android tab ! N I have googled n got that syncing ur fb account with android and bb created prob in notifications. Now is there any soln to get all the notifications back ! I desperately want them bak ! Help me
    CrackBerry Newbie

In the external app world link, its ays that bbm & is unavailable for my device. I am on Bold 9900 v7.1.0.342, Platfrom 5.1.0.276. A friend is on same specifications and same carrier, he did not face any problem. I then downloaded bbm 7 from rroy.com. After the reboot, my bbm disappeared. It shows in the application centre, but its nowhere to be seen elsewhere. not even in universal search. When my friends ping me, it shows them that the ping has been delivered, but I dont get any notification. I downloaded bbm 6 from the app world and it works fine now. But i just can't upgrade to bbm 7. Any idea why this is so?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28F5A8DE

Quote Originally Posted by ruudgodnistelrooy View Post
    In the external app world link, its ays that bbm & is unavailable for my device. I am on Bold 9900 v7.1.0.342, Platfrom 5.1.0.276. A friend is on same specifications and same carrier, he did not face any problem. I then downloaded bbm 7 from rroy.com. After the reboot, my bbm disappeared. It shows in the application centre, but its nowhere to be seen elsewhere. not even in universal search. When my friends ping me, it shows them that the ping has been delivered, but I dont get any notification. I downloaded bbm 6 from the app world and it works fine now. But i just can't upgrade to bbm 7. Any idea why this is so?

Update your bbm again ... Don't forget to take backup before doing so ...

If yu face this problem again ... Simply just go to the application center, and delete bbm from there, reboot ur device and install BBM7 again ... And it'll all be fine.

About the App World saying that its unavailable ... It says the same for me ... But I was able to update from rroyy.com without a problem
    Last edited by giggu; 12-16-2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Missed few points
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Unable to find reuqest

I tried opening the link buit it says unable to find the request

Please help....!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I deleted my bbm for some reasons...but then i reinstalled the latest version of bbm on my bb9900
    but now my bbm is not working ....it just freezes on a blue screen ndno response is there