Hi,

Have had no problem charging from wall charger as well as from computer. But all of a suddent, the phone refuses to charge. The phone either doesn't see the USB connection (to the wall or the computer) and gives a dialog that says that it can't be charged with the current USB connection. It suggests that the computer may be asleep (not) or that the RIM USB device driver needs to be installed on the computer (is).

I've tried various wall chargers and I have other devices that charge via the USB and they all work on the same connections.

When plugged into the computer, and running Blackberry Deskstop software, it used to recognize my phone and tell me it's connected....now it doesn't and just says "Disconnected".

I've taken my battery out, left it out for minutes, put it back in. No help.

Not sure why people think that taking out the SIM card and putting it back in would help, but tried that too, no luck.

Anyone plz help with this problem?

Thanks.
    01-26-12 11:36 AM
    I got the problem before. It happened once in a while when my battery icon goes to "yellow". I use the stock wall charger that came with the 9900. I conduct a battery pull and try to charge it again and it works. Maybe try to re-install the OS?
    01-26-12 11:43 AM
    This happened to me once. I tried charging from my computer and different outlets and my phone wouldn't connect to any. I rebooted it several times and took out the battery. I decided to power off my phone and just let it sit for awhile. When I decided to try charging again, I left the phone powered off and plugged it into a wall outlet as such. Thankfully it recognized it now and starting powering up. It was slow to do so but got quicker next time. Never had the problem since.

How long has it been since it hasn't let you charge?
    01-26-12 12:22 PM
    This started 3 to 4 days ago I bought an external battery charger and been using it to charge the battery but still can't connect to the pc in order for me to install OS.....thx for ur input I'll try that and see what happens.
    01-26-12 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD