I am on Vodafone UK with the BIS service.
    My e-mails have been working fine since I bought the phone new in November 2013.

A few days ago, I stopped receiving e-mails, although I am able to receive e-mails when I add the same e-mail account on my other BB9900.
    (Just to explain, I have a BB9900 for work and another BB9900 for personal.)

To be sure that the problem was not due to my phone, I did a security wipe.
    Now the phone is not letting me set-up a BIS e-mail account, as it is asking for Enterprise activation

I would appreciate advice on how I can get rid of this Enterprise stuff and get it back to the way it was?
    Do I need to re-install the phone software?
    I am running 7.1 Bundle 2930 (v7.1.0.1098) on both phones.
    09-20-14 01:33 PM
    There is an option to reset to factory in the BlackBerry desktop software and if you just do it manually using the command line in windows. This should remove any enterprise activation.

http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop...anager-693936/

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    09-20-14 02:48 PM
    Check with your carrier.
    Have them resend service book and check your subscription.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 03:10 PM
    Thank you for the suggestions.

I'll try the reset tomorrow and call Vodafone on Monday if the reset has not worked.
    09-20-14 04:05 PM
    I would just resend the service books.
    Make sure your device is registered on the network because that's what it sounds like the problem is.
    If there is an active BIS account, after the security wipe when he rebooted, you would have gotten a message to say your device was registered on the BlackBerry network. If not, resend the service books
    To do this go to settings
    Host Routing Table
    Press the menu button
    Select Register Now
    You should be seeing the BlackBerry logo next to your signal indicator and you should receive the message I mentioned earlier.
    You should be able to add normal email now

Alternatively if you did get the message and you can see the logo
    You may have to push the email account to the device through your carriers BlackBerry portal

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    09-20-14 06:55 PM
    1. The reset using BDM has made no difference. This seems to be the same as a security wipe on the phone, which I already tried.
    2. Reinstalling the OS has made no difference.
    3. Requesting a resend of the service books has made no difference.

The strange thing is that I have always had the BB logo next to the signal indicator, but when I check the service status, it shows that the phone is not connected to BIS or BES.

When I go to Advanced System Settings, there is an entry for Enterprise Activation, which was not there prior to me doing the security wipe.
    09-21-14 05:03 AM
    Check your services status
    Does it say you are connected to BIS?
    Still sounds like you aren't connected to BIS hence causing your issues and only having the option to activate an Enterprise account
    Lack of the BlackBerry logo further confirms the theory.
    Did you run through the setup properly after the security wipe?
    In your Advanced Settings Service Books, do you still see your old BIS email accounts there?
    Have you tried a battery pull or taking the SIM out for 5 mins then putting it back in?

If you have confirmed with your carrier that your BIS is definitely active
    I would so the following
    Full security wipe the device
    When the phone reboots, run through the full setup and don't skip anything
    Once complete see if that BlackBerry logo has come back
    Once that logo is back, it should all be back to normal

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    09-21-14 05:52 AM
    As already mentioned. I had the BB logo, but was not connected to the Blackberry service.

It was a tricky situation, because my mail server was having connection problems at the same time as I appeared to lose the BIS service.

Anyway, I have got everything working again :-)
    I swapped SIM cards between my personal and work BB9900s (both on Vodafone with BIS).
    On restart, I had to enter my BBIDs on each phone.
    On my personal phone, I was then prompted to setup my e-mail account and was offered the choice of Internet Mail or Enterprise Mail, which is what was missing after I had wiped the phone.
    I then returned the SIM cards to their original phones, repeated the BBID registration and my personal phone continued to offer the choice of Internet Mail and Enterprise Mail.

My thanks to those who offered suggestions.
    09-21-14 08:17 AM
    there is an entry for Enterprise Activation, which was not there prior to me doing the security wipe.
    09-21-14 08:47 AM
    As already mentioned. I had the BB logo, but was not connected to the Blackberry service.

It was a tricky situation, because my mail server was having connection problems at the same time as I appeared to lose the BIS service.

Anyway, I have got everything working again :-)
    I swapped SIM cards between my personal and work BB9900s (both on Vodafone with BIS).
    On restart, I had to enter my BBIDs on each phone.
    On my personal phone, I was then prompted to setup my e-mail account and was offered the choice of Internet Mail or Enterprise Mail, which is what was missing after I had wiped the phone.
    I then returned the SIM cards to their original phones, repeated the BBID registration and my personal phone continued to offer the choice of Internet Mail and Enterprise Mail.

My thanks to those who offered suggestions.
    This confirms the service book for BIS was missing. When swapping SIM the service books are sent to your device again.
    Glad you fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:19 AM