Hello

Just got a new BB9900, I'm in the UK and from what i have read the search for podcasts and add podcasts manually doesn't work here but thats not my full question.

The podcast software that came pre installed had the search function and add manually function although I couldnt get either to work. Should the adding manually have worked in the UK ?

Anyway to improve battery life I updated to 7.1.0 bundle 1149 today and when I went backinto the podcast software it had removed the search and add podcast function and just has the search podcasts already on your phone option.

I have read that this podcast software can be stepped back to a previous version but its not available in App world or anywhere i can find and in the desktop software it doesnt appear as a separate app so you cant do it there either.

I dont want to step back the entire OS update really as the more you mess around with this the more problems you can have.

Feels like I am wasting my time trying to use the native app so the option is to pay �10 and use podtrapper but are there are other work arounds ?
    If there was a way to use the native one and successfully add manually i dont mind doing that although when i tried before this did not work but perhaps I was doing it wrong.

I'd appreciate some help/thoughts

cheers
    05-16-12 08:16 AM
    RROYY - APPLICATIONS
    I'm on o2 uk,try downloading the version found on this site,it works for me.I'm able to search and add podcasts and it auto downloads when a new podcast is loaded
    05-16-12 03:45 PM
    BlackBerry Podcasts v1.6.0.8 (OS7) ?

Is that the one you mean ?

I'm guessing the 7.1 version is the one i already have with me doing the 7.1.0 bundle 1142 update but as its not listed anywhere as a separate app I dont know how to check the version.

Is the version on that site the proxy swerve that masks your location then ?

thanks for the response
    05-16-12 04:58 PM
    I just dowmloaded the one for 7.1 and it worked and is still working.give it a try
    05-17-12 01:48 AM
    so do I connect with my bb to that link and it will download and auto install ?

Hesitant cos i have had issues in the past updating things on other blackberries .

Also will it replace my existing version or do I need to somehow get rid of that first ?

cheers
    05-17-12 06:22 AM
    Here's a workaround - find the rss feed for the podcast you're interested in, add the rss feed the social feeds (choose to subscribe to rss feed), download the posdcast directly via social feeds and it's added to the native Podcast app.

However... As a heavy podcast listener I have long used podtrapper, and couldn't recommend it more highly - it's great.
    05-17-12 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD