Hi all - BB9900, software version 7.1.0 Bundle 2061 - having a problem with the cursor and screen randomly flicking all over the place. The screen randomly moves between 'All', 'Favourite', 'Frequent', it jumps between icons and if I try to read or send a text or email, the screen scrolls quite randomly so I can't read or type a message.
    It seems to happen when I'm moving/walking so I switched off 'Location Services' but that seems to have made no difference. If the phone is not moving there is no problem.

Any ideas and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
    11-18-12 08:47 AM
    11-18-12 11:43 AM
    Thanks for the link. That seems to be the same problem that I've got. I notice that some posters talk about the problem occurring in bright sunlight. I mentioned that it seems to happen to me when I'm outside - perhaps the light is affecting it.

From what I can see it is a hardware issue - oh dear, may have to return it.
    11-18-12 12:08 PM
    Thanks for the link. That seems to be the same problem that I've got. I notice that some posters talk about the problem occurring in bright sunlight. I mentioned that it seems to happen to me when I'm outside - perhaps the light is affecting it.

From what I can see it is a hardware issue - oh dear, may have to return it.
    Easy enough to test. Take it in bright light, open a scrollable web page. See if it goes tits-up. If so, cover the trackpad area with your thumb and see if you can happily scroll around using the touchscreen to slide around. Mine worked perfect after covering the trackpad as described, hence the hardware swap. Predictably the support guys at orange uk asked me to wipe and reload, restore factory settings and all that garbage first, despite having done several updates with the OS leaks from crackberry and making zero difference. New phone - zero prob. Defo hardware for me.
    11-19-12 04:37 AM
    Thanks for the tip - good plan! Will give that a go and if it is a problem I will exchange.

Cheers
    11-19-12 10:31 AM