hi,

I have recently upgraded my 9700 to 9900...

I felt one problem on taking photograph of close object example take a photo of a visiting card.

I tried many ways-settings put to close-up mode, zoom adjusted distances...but i never could success to take photo which enable me to read the text in visiting card..

Any experience?common problem?device replacement required?

please guide me
    08-26-11 03:02 PM
    Try using zoom and flash

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 03:04 PM
    Dear Joewoo

Zoom & Flash light in/out,on/off also tried.
    how is your 9900 behaving against same purpose?
    Can u share me
    08-26-11 03:27 PM
    It's been widely publicized that this camera is somewhat crippled. The case was purposely designed a silly mm thinner than would be necessary to have working auto-focus. Since the focus can't be adjusted, closeups are not possible. If you want a working camera like old BB models, you need to skip this model.
    sudhitcr likes this.
    08-26-11 03:36 PM
    hi,

I have recently upgraded my 9700 to 9900...

I felt one problem on taking photograph of close object example take a photo of a visiting card.

I tried many ways-settings put to close-up mode, zoom adjusted distances...but i never could success to take photo which enable me to read the text in visiting card..

Any experience?common problem?device replacement required?

please guide me
    Hi, if you do a little bit of searching in the forums you'll see that the 9900's mayor weakness is the cameras' inability to take close up pics. It's not a problem with your device in particular.

Have you tried setting the camera to text mode?

Also, I've seen some people take good text pictures by holding the device 3+ inches away from the text and adjusting the digital zoom so it's readable.
    sudhitcr likes this.
    08-26-11 03:38 PM
    EDOF camears (on 9900/9930) have minimum distance limitation. This is by engineering choice to make it thinner
    08-26-11 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD