Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Elite1
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question BB9900 Can't Get EDGE signal and some LED issue

Help! My BB can't get EDGE signal, but it's just fine when I use 3G.
    The problem is when the battery gets low, I can't change it to EDGE. I tried to instal different OS : from Vodafone and AIS Thailand, but it's no use. (OS7.1)
    I got EDGE for just about 2 seconds when I tried to change from 3G ~> 2G ~> 3G, so I think the hardware is just fine. Anyone knows how to fix this problem? I will really appreciate your help!!

Sometimes my LED blinked for no reason, the color is red. Seems like it started to have this bug since I modified the color of my LED when getting Whatsapp and BBM messages. (OS7.1 Feature I think?)
    Anyone knows why?

I'm not really sure about my grammar and sorry for my bad English. THANKS!!!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Are you on wind or mobilicity? As far as I know, you cannot use 2G/EDGE.

LED settings are a new feature in the latest OS 7.1.0.825 release. If you use advanced OS & LED, you might wanna customize it. Or do a reset or battery pull if it's a hidden or masked notification.
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I'm sorry I don't know whatks 'wind or moblicity' here.. But if it's not because of my hardware's fault it's okay.

Okay.. Thanks!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by RxEternity View Post
    I'm sorry I don't know whatks 'wind or moblicity' here.. But if it's not because of my hardware's fault it's okay.Okay.. Thanks!!!!
    Those were carriers in toronto canada.
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)

Global Posts
    12,338 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post
    Those were carriers in toronto canada.
    For all of Canada even!

And for Canada, neither Telus nor Bell have 2G EDGE coverage either since they were CDMA carriers before introducing their shared 3G HSPA network.
    Last edited by elite1; 02-05-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: added note re Telus/Bell
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    Red_Berry_21 likes this.

Global Posts
    12,338 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

I'm sorry I don't know whatks 'wind or moblicity' here.. But if it's not because of my hardware's fault it's okay.
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you can, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Wind and Mobilicity are 2 Canadian carriers.
    Where are you located and which carrier do you use? Without knowing that for starters, no way to know your issue.

How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Z30

Global Posts
    12,338 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Sometimes my LED blinked for no reason, the color is red. Seems like it started to have this bug since I modified the color of my LED when getting Whatsapp and BBM messages. (OS7.1 Feature I think?)
    Anyone knows why?
    I've noticed that sometimes the phantom LED notification is from contact "updates" in BBM. Exit any BBM chats, and look at BBM main screen. At top above Chats is Recent Updates. Is there a star there? If so click on Recent Updates, then exit it again. Does that kill your phantom LED?

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post
    LED settings are a new feature in the latest OS 7.1.0.825 release.
    I think was added as of 7.1.0.746, iirc. Just FYI if matters to anyone that catches this thread.

Z30