Hi all,

BB Traffic has been acting up for me lately and I'm not entirely sure why. First off, I'm located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Yes, I am using the most recent version of the OS.

Problem 1
    Losing signal a lot more often than before. Just random loss of signal even though my cell-signal is nice and strong

Problem 2
    And this is an annoying one. BB Traffic is saying the route is green, but it's clearly, really really really bad with traffic or construction. Since I was waiting in traffic, I looked at Google Maps with the traffic layer on and it was red, clear as day exactly where I was.

So the question is, has BB changed the service provider or something? I never had these problems before and it's a serious annoyance. I love my BB and BB Traffic but if it doesn't work, it's more a hindrance than a blessing. Anyone know what's going on here?
    10-10-12 09:09 PM
    Hi, I had the same issue, then yesterday (Oct 13/12) BB Traffic stopped connecting to the server. I get full GPS (on BB Traffic and in Maps) but BB Traffic will not connect to the server. I'm with Telus, and my buddy with Bell has the same problem. Haven't talked to anyone on Rogers yet. I too am in Toronto. Maybe someone from RIM will see this thread and respond to us?
    10-14-12 05:03 PM
    Yes! This application is essential for Blackberry people. RIM please fix.
    10-14-12 09:09 PM
    With mine, it could not connect to server either at all 10/14. I assumed it was my problematic GPS unit and instead of using telenav from Sprint (yes, I like bb traffic more) I just pulled out my Garmin.
    10-15-12 02:43 AM
    Having same problem on both 10/13 and 10./14/12. T mobile/Bold -- says it can't reach server. Any ideas how to fix this?
    10-15-12 09:05 AM
    Blackberry traffic is only meant to be used in a emergency. Use garmin whenever posible. If you use a garmin and blackberry traffic at the same time you'll see how in-accurate the directions are. Traffic had me driving through a longer route than normal so I deleted it. Its worthless
    10-15-12 09:22 AM
    Blackberry traffic is only meant to be used in a emergency. Use garmin whenever posible. If you use a garmin and blackberry traffic at the same time you'll see how in-accurate the directions are. Traffic had me driving through a longer route than normal so I deleted it. Its worthless
    I use it all the time and it saves me an average of 15 minutes each day. However today I'm having an issue trying to get a route and its taking a long time to get the route from the network.
    10-15-12 09:37 AM
    BB traffic has not worked recently for me, either. We were out yesterday (2012-10-14) and it wouldn't connect to the server to get a route. I had the same issue this morning (2012-10-15) on my way to work.

I'm on MTS.
    10-15-12 09:51 AM
    I wonder if it is related to the iPhone 5 maps using the same provider, Tom-Tom? In other words, all the new iPhone users overwhelming the servers.
    10-15-12 10:38 AM
    I have contacted RIM via three possible channels and they have ignored all three. My guess is they don't really feel they need to support this product. And as they believe their customers are only the carriers, and not users, they will not do much to respond. Blackberry is great when it works. When it doesn't, they will not help you. I'm mid-contract so I won't jump ship over THIS, but when my contract comes up, I won't be as positive about going BB10 as I once was.
    10-15-12 12:04 PM
    This is an essential app for me and I haven't been able to reach the servers since yesterday 10/14/12. Someone mentioned the iP5 possibly being the cause due to the new abundance of Tom Tom users and my stomach dropped at the scary probability of this idea. I really hope BBT stays as reliable as it always has been for me, once this is fixed.
    10-15-12 01:26 PM
    This is an essential app for me and I haven't been able to reach the servers since yesterday 10/14/12. Someone mentioned the iP5 possibly being the cause due to the new abundance of Tom Tom users and my stomach dropped at the scary probability of this idea. I really hope BBT stays as reliable as it always has been for me, once this is fixed.
    This also happened in early July, with same server messages. If cleared up about 5 days later. BB Traffic is (or will be) supported by Tom-Tom per an annoucement in May, but not sure if that's happened yet. We never heard an explanation from RIM last summer, but many believed it was simply a server outage on the RIM end.
    10-15-12 01:54 PM
    Thanks to all for the information -- I feel (a little) better knowing it happened before and eventually got straightened out. I use it alot. In the meantime, I downloaded LifeInPocket; it seems a little more complicated but also more detailed. I may not need Traffic by the time it comes back.
    10-15-12 03:00 PM
    Traffic is back up an running for me. I did notice a few "beta" options that I don't recall seeing before though. There is now a choice to view your location on a map before actually navigating to the location. I figure this would be to makes sure that I am going to the particular location I mean to. I also just noticed some Beta options within the options screen. Has everyone already been seeing these items?
    10-15-12 05:42 PM
    Traffic is back up an running for me. I did notice a few "beta" options that I don't recall seeing before though. There is now a choice to view your location on a map before actually navigating to the location. I figure this would be to makes sure that I am going to the particular location I mean to. I also just noticed some Beta options within the options screen. Has everyone already been seeing these items?
    BB Traffic works? And now has a MAP?
    10-15-12 05:52 PM
    Traffic has been working for me again for at least the last few hours. Hopefully it will get me to Katsu-Ya in a couple minutes. Don't get too excited for the map yet though, I had it a few minutes ago, but now it has already disappeared along with the other beta options.
    10-15-12 08:37 PM
    I'm in Toronto too. Didn't work for me all day. Couldn't connect to the server at all. Made me realise how much I need it for traffic conditions!
    10-15-12 09:01 PM
    I called RIM again to see if anyone could provide an answer. They said they're aware of the outage and the issue has been escalated to the development team. There is no ETA on when it will be fixed.
    10-16-12 09:46 AM
    Hi all

aside from problems accessing BB Traffic, which BTW, I can do over wi-fi only but not GPS, has anyone been having the same problems as myself?
    10-16-12 10:28 AM