Where i live, we pay 20 euros for BB Services alone and BB Traffic is non existent.
    Yep me too my tomtom beats my bb at navigation because bbtraffic doesn't exist in my country!

Regards

Damian
    10-23-12 12:05 PM
    Seems to be a Toronto only issue. Hope it is an easy fix.
    10-23-12 12:50 PM
    See below.

I'm in Los Angeles, and I can confirm that my BBT app is now kind of useless. I used the app, as usual, for all three of the places that I went today, and it didn't have ANYWHERE near the right information. Now I can see that sometimes things might be a bit off due to a VERY recent incident on the road, but when I've been in a slowdown for 30 minutes, I expect an update. Heck, it USED to update me INSTANTLY.

For the record, I do Real Estate Photography. I'm EVERYWHERE in Los Angeles and Orange County. I used this app EVERY DAY since it came out. so this is KILLING me.
    Seems to be more than a Toronto problem.
    10-23-12 08:35 PM
    how would it make any sense that it's only a Toronto issue? The service went down for several days and then came back up with a completely new traffic detection system. My guess is that they did an "upgrade", that made BB Traffic use a different traffic provider than it used to. What I'm curious about is whether the old service used other people's real-time information for updating traffic conditions. The traffic was so accurate before that I believe that was the case, and perhaps they now removed that.
    10-24-12 09:21 AM
    After a week of bad experiences with traffic, last night, traffic was back to the way it used to be. It's predictions were SPOT on again for my drive home through rush hour. And were only off by a two minutes for my rush hour commute IN to work. SO, that's two trips in a row. Here's to hoping it stays that way. This is pretty much the last application that keeps me tethered to my blackberry.

<RANT>
    The guys at RIM just don't seem to learn anything though, do they? They make it so hard on themselves. All people ask for is a little bit of communication . . . . RIM's even acknowledged they suck at it. Then something like this happens, and it's back to the old ways. Emails and calls to support go unanswered. No communication at all. We want/deserve better than this. All it would take is a quick email/post/whatever saying "Hey guys, we know it's not working. We did an upgrade/whatever and it's going to take a week. We appreciate your patience."
    </RANT>
    mscrivo likes this.
    10-25-12 11:29 AM
    Since I upgraded my 9900 to AT&T's 7.1, whenever I try to load Traffic from an address either in Contacts or Calendar (using the "Drive To" option) I get a message "You need to reset your device after upgrade application." I have re-set the phone (battery pull), and deleted and re-loaded Traffic, but with no success. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    12-07-12 02:05 PM
    Seems ok here in North Carolina, USA.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I've had a horrible experiance with it in Greensboro, NC. But then again, the roads here are the most confusing I've evere drivin on.. And that was before I started to get to know my way around here.

Oh and Garmin is better than Tom Tom.
    12-08-12 09:18 PM
    just out of interest, I'm in the UK so we don't have blackberry traffic here - with google maps unavailable now, what would people recommend using?
    12-18-12 05:06 PM
    just out of interest, I'm in the UK so we don't have blackberry traffic here - with google maps unavailable now, what would people recommend using?
    Unavailable?

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...e-maps-757770/
    12-18-12 09:43 PM
    Be thankful that you can use BB Traffic. I can't even use it where I live.
    12-18-12 11:25 PM
    If your in a big city, Give waze a try waze, since its live update crowd souce traffic data
    12-19-12 02:44 AM
    I've got both and I much prefer BB Traffic over the TomTom any day.
    12-19-12 12:53 PM
    URL hidden from plain view, but more critically, you can't use it unless you have a device you've used it on before, so I'd say unavailable apllies to a significant number of users, yes
    12-27-12 05:00 PM
    URL hidden from plain view, but more critically, you can't use it unless you have a device you've used it on before, so I'd say unavailable apllies to a significant number of users, yes
    Google Maps works fine using this workaround... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7780652
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-27-12 05:23 PM
    if you'd clicked the link, at the bottom of that first post, in red is the solution. EVERYONE can install it.
    12-27-12 06:16 PM
    Why do you think I didn't click on the link? I did click on the link, but fwiw, it still doesn't work on mine unfortunately. hangs on the terms and conditions still.

Thanks for the free advice, I presume the petulance is free too?
    12-27-12 07:12 PM
    Why do you think I didn't click on the link? I did click on the link, but fwiw, it still doesn't work on mine unfortunately. hangs on the terms and conditions still.

Thanks for the free advice, I presume the petulance is free too?
    I assumed you didn't click the link, because the solution is laid out there. Download the old Google Maps, run it, then upgrade to current. Not only is it reported to work, I've personally verified it.

I'm not trying to be an , I'm trying to help.
    12-27-12 08:28 PM
    And very kind of you it is, and much appreciated. Thank you
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    12-28-12 06:04 AM
    I don't know about your TomTom, but I have a TomTom that I haven't used in about a year because BB Traffic is so much more convenient. My 9930 is at my fingertips, whereas my TomTom is in the glove box, hibernating I guess.

I live in Alabama (about 80 miles from Atlanta, GA and 60 miles from Birmingham, AL) and travel a lot for work, especially to Birmingham and Atlanta. With that being stated, I use BB Traffic because there's always construction delays on Interstate 20 and other interstate highways in both cities, so I use it to find alternate routes because construction and/or traffic delays are quite normal. The one thing that I will not do if searching for a street is select the "near my current location" box. I'll always put it in the city, and that's good for me, because there's about 20 different Peachtree Roads/Streets/Boulevards/Avenues in Atlanta and the surrounding cities alone, so it could take me off course if I selected "near my current location." And with my TomTom, it would sometimes spend up to 10 minutes searching for satellites, especially if I was driving, and I can't afford to lose that time, because I may miss my turn(s). I've never had any problem like that with BB Traffic.

Maybe it's just me, but I would definitely be lost - figuratively and literally - without BB Traffic. I didn't even know they had some sort of agreement with TomTom, so I may be 'out of the loop' per se on one or two of the points made, but again, I've never had any major problems with the app.
    12-30-12 03:20 AM
    BB Traffic works fine on the BC coast (Canada) as a matter of fact my TomTom has been sitting in the cupboard gathering dust for a couple years now : ) I really hope nothing changes with it .....
    12-30-12 10:55 AM
45 12