nope. Its a joke compared to Telenav. Even if it is free.

Telenav is only $10/YEAR. Thats a bargain considering its features.
    Is that on Verizon? It's $9.99/month on AT&T, although I believe my wife's iPhone is only $10/year on AT&T. Go figure.
    08-28-12 12:07 PM
    Is that on Verizon? It's $9.99/month on AT&T, although I believe my wife's iPhone is only $10/year on AT&T. Go figure.
    Yup. on Verizon. Telenav, Inc Blackberry App World

$9.99/month is a ripoff. You're better off buying a Tom Tom or a Garmin.
    08-28-12 12:10 PM
    Yup. on Verizon. Telenav, Inc Blackberry App World

$9.99/month is a ripoff. You're better off buying a Tom Tom or a Garmin.
    Strictly Verizon, per App World as you said. Which makes BB Traffic a good alternative on AT&T, although I agree TeleNav has more features.
    08-28-12 12:16 PM
    Telenav is $4.95 per month on Sprint. BB Traffic works well enough for me so I'm good for now.
    08-28-12 12:24 PM
    Agreed, $10 a mo is a rip-off, but I won't carry another device, and I grew so used to it that BT didn't do it for me.

The real travesty? I've had this for about 5 years, so umm, whats that $600 in telenav fees to AT&T. Ugh.

And it doesn't work well on 7.1 when memory get's low. Maybe I should re-look at BT lol
    08-28-12 12:34 PM
    Garmin>VZNav>TeleNav>BBTraffic>everything else I have tried, but sometimes you get what you pay for or can afford. Also agree that $9.99/mo is high, even $4.95 per month is too high, but you get updated maps for free. I know Garmin and other GPS devices offer this now, but for more than $120. I keep a Garmin Nuvi whatever in my car so I am free to use my phone while the Nuvi navigates, but have BBTraffic on my phone for the few times that I am without the Garmin. It also depends on how often you really need it, I see people use thier Garmin/TomTom/Whatever mounted to their windshields (stupidly blocking their view of the road) just to go to the grocery store down the street.
    08-28-12 12:47 PM
    I have always had good experiences with BB Traffic. I personally rely less on visual, and more on voice guidance. It's free, and gives me several route options, traffic updates are helpful, and I even use the ETA message template. Until it guides me wrong I see myself using it indefinitely.
    I agree - I have a TomTom but now I use BB Traffic - haven't had any problems yet so I'll stick with BB Traffic. I do like having just one device to carry around too.
    08-28-12 01:38 PM
    Installed it. It didnt work. Cannot find server. Bummer. Deleted.
    10-17-12 06:12 PM
    Been a great app until recently with this latest build .714
    10-18-12 10:47 PM
    i use telemap navigator free and its amazing, its turn by turn gps, also has a list mode, voice directions, navigation, options for nearby resturants, food and drink, service stations, fuel and parking, shopping, transport, emergency, trip advisor, links to bbm, twitter and facebook. only rubbish thing is the map graphics are standard bb maps style (its not satellite pictures like google maps) but its very accurate and does the job plus i guess satelite map style would drain the battery
    10-19-12 04:32 PM
    I've used telenav for years. its the best imo but probably the most exspensive as well .
    10-19-12 05:10 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD