Its funny for as long as I have been on mobile devices, I don't think I have felt as at home on any device as I do on BlackBerry. Its just a more complete and more of a real experience than anything else out on the market to date. The depth and detail BB goes into with email and contacts is wild because they have tried to think of everything and more. The over all messaging experience is the glue of this paltform. Now that RIM Is trying to move to a realtime os and multimedia platform if they manage to Keep things consistent that will truly be awesome. When you need something to Just work and don't have time to fumble around BB is still the gold standard.

I have used IOS and the whole messaging/contacts disaster they have in there is terrible Oh yah they do have the best multimedia aka apps but its not a communication tool

I have used android and well that is the most cumbersome un organized un intuitive Os every made. Without a doubt.

If BB 10 can deliver the Native Experience and Apps/Multimedia it will take back the market.
    Last edited by vx1; 09-09-12 at 06:49 AM.
    Lendo and berriac like this.
    09-09-12 05:17 AM
    I share in your enjoyment for BB devices. I believe there is no other device that handles communication like the BB OS can.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-09-12 07:55 AM
    It's preference. I too have used blackberry for years now but because of that I am more comfortable on it. If you get a person that has used android or iOS since their first smartphone I'm sure general tasks are done quite well.

I am a huge blackberry nut but I have to disagree with you on the comment you made about if you need something to just work. Yes messaging is great and for the most part instant but for my job I have a few online tools that I use and I try to use my blackberry over my work iPhone for them. The iPhone just goes right to them all the time. A lot of times my blackberry will lag and lag and lag until I look and see I've lost some memory from something and end up doing a reboot. After the reboot it works fine again.

I hope hope hope the reboot frequency is minimal on bb10 so that blackberrys can get away with that stigma. I know I couldn't view an hbo program on my playbook the other day on the browser until I rebooted that. The. It worked great.

In my opinion iOS is the os that just works. Blackberry os needs a little fumbling but if you know the right tricks you can get it to work well and then androids are the devil when it comes to getting them to just work.

Again my personal opinion from all the devices I've used in the past 3 years.

Sent using Tapatalk
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-09-12 08:04 AM
    I fully agree...there's just something about the OS or the BlackBerry experience that I love much more than any other OS, and I have used all the big ones.
    09-09-12 08:04 AM
    I agree it's all personal preference. I've used a Blackberry for 6 years. I just prefer this platform. The people who have used iPhone or Android from the beginning might feel the same way about their devices. Like others have said, I believe BB is the best communication device. IMO
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-09-12 09:38 AM
    Its funny for as long as I have been on mobile devices, I don't think I have felt as at home on any device as I do on BlackBerry. Its just a more complete and more of a real experience than anything else out on the market to date. The depth and detail BB goes into with email and contacts is wild because they have tried to think of everything and more. The over all messaging experience is the glue of this paltform. Now that RIM Is trying to move to a realtime os and multimedia platform if they manage to Keep things consistent that will truly be awesome. When you need something to Just work and don't have time to fumble around BB is still the gold standard.

I have used IOS and the whole messaging/contacts disaster they have in there is terrible Oh yah they do have the best multimedia aka apps but its not a communication tool

I have used android and well that is the most cumbersome un organized un intuitive Os every made. Without a doubt.

If BB 10 can deliver the Native Experience and Apps/Multimedia it will take back the market.
    Agreed.
    09-09-12 09:45 AM

agree...android is the worst OS out there.....I had this experience on the HTC desire...
    09-09-12 11:25 AM
    For communication (which is the primary reason to own a mobile phone ) there is no one in my opinion who does it better than RIM. While they have taken huge steps to better the Internet experience, other platforms seem to have the edge on BB at this time. Again just mt opinion.
    09-09-12 11:40 AM
    agree...android is the worst OS out there.....I had this experience on the HTC desire...
    For those who base their opinion of Android off of a phone that has anything but Android on it is not being fair. Manufactures add there "overlays" and customer features that go so far as to change how Android manages memory! The HTC Desire was Android WITH HTC Sense! HTC Sense is horrible and making Android lag, makes it less intuitive, uses more battery life and memory.

So for those who base their opinion of Android on any phone other than a Nexus device (or non molested Android) is like giving a BlackBerry to AT&T and asking them to play with the software and once AT&T is done then blame Blackberry for a bad experience.

This really is the case. I am a huge fan on Android but I think HTC Sense, Motorola's "Droid overlay, LG's junk, are all crap and give Android a bad rap. Samsung does a decent job with Touchwiz but really if you want pure Android to make a judgement from try a Galaxy Nexus device, that is the only pure Android phone anyway.

Now with that said, my BlackBerry 9900 has stunning hardware, I mean I can just stare at that thing!

My issues are:

-BIS it does not instantly sync information.
    -BES is a nightmare to set up (for an average consumer) and expensive unless it is coming from your company and IT did the work.
    -App support...a lot to be desired.
    -Memory issues, lag.
    -I'm a minority here, I liked the keyboard on my old T-Mobile Dash better.

Positive:

-Best form factor!
    -Features like, (holster, sleep wake, profiles etc...)
    -Kick @$$ speaker phone and great earpiece!
    -Hardware to me is more beautiful than any phone I have seen, period!
    -I'm old school, I love a holstered device and BB does it best!
    -The desk dock is great, I prefer how it uses contact points and not the micro usb.
    -Screen is crisp, and clear! 285 ppi is very good!
    -Frankly I like having a BlackBerry in my hand now when almost EVERY other person you see drank the Koolaid! ;-)

The one thing I am eagerly waiting for with BB10 is Activesync!!!!!!!!! Please BB bring us Activesync to OS7!! I can dream right?
    09-09-12 01:57 PM
    I feel the same! There is no other OS like BlackBerry. It does all I need and some! It's a true phone! It may not have the best apps or the greatest ecosystem, but it does all I need and it does it efficiently! It could always improve by just integrating it's ecosystem better with companies and services that people use, but overall it is a Great Platform!

And just imagine when it does integrate and improve on what it can do! It will be an awesome device with and an even better OS!! It can only get better for RIM and BlackBerry.
    09-09-12 02:56 PM
    For those who base their opinion of Android off of a phone that has anything but Android on it is not being fair. Manufactures add there "overlays" and customer features that go so far as to change how Android manages memory! The HTC Desire was Android WITH HTC Sense! HTC Sense is horrible and making Android lag, makes it less intuitive, uses more battery life and memory.

So for those who base their opinion of Android on any phone other than a Nexus device (or non molested Android) is like giving a BlackBerry to AT&T and asking them to play with the software and once AT&T is done then blame Blackberry for a bad experience.

This really is the case. I am a huge fan on Android but I think HTC Sense, Motorola's "Droid overlay, LG's junk, are all crap and give Android a bad rap. Samsung does a decent job with Touchwiz but really if you want pure Android to make a judgement from try a Galaxy Nexus device, that is the only pure Android phone anyway.
    You could be right, sugarmouth. My opinion is purely based on using android Os on HTC desire only.
    09-09-12 03:14 PM
    yea I tried the HTC One X International and the Samsung Galaxy S3, and the Galaxy Nexus and well they were all running the same OS ICS 4.0.4 lol so it was a similar experience. ( such a hunt for options nothing is intuitive and its all over the the place) Volume is low and weak, can only use as a hard drive with windows, not on mac there is not android file transfer app, security ok

Tried iPhone 3,3Gs, 4, 4S - apps good sound ok, not as weak as android, bluetooth terrible
    signal bad, no themes, boring home screen, limited, can not use as a hard drive, security weak

BlackBerry weak on apps, good signal, good call quality, easy to use OS, very intuitive deep access to many configuration options. And has themes, can use as a hard drive on mac or pc, or linux, security good
    09-10-12 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD