So I've been running the Device Analyzer to check my battery drain since two days and here are - attached - the results I got. Wondering if the results are okay and that's why I'm asking your opinion. By the way, I'm focusing on the Battery Drain Rate (Normal) 2.13%/hr and on the Mobile Network Usage 94.98%. Your opinions?
    03-04-12 03:34 AM
    If i had a battery drain of 2.13% per hour, i would be happy.

Mine is more around 5%.

Depending how you use it as well is important. If that 2% drain is for checking a few emails/texts/bbm and not much else, i would say that is good. Expect 6% or more if using it for web browsing or calls.
    03-04-12 03:44 AM
    Are you mostly on 2G or 3G? 3G on 2.13% / Hr seems good to me.

- Charles
    03-04-12 04:10 AM
    you using the gold battery right?
    03-04-12 05:07 AM
    im getting around 2-3pc drain and 4-8pc usage that is on a 2G
    I believe it all comes down to the apps you install... trial and error is best and install apps one at a time.
    03-04-12 05:09 AM
    I'm always on 3G cept when in places where I'm on GPRS. I use my BB for everything: SMS, calls, BBM, emails, some web browsing, a tad Whatsapp, some facebook and so on. And I'm using the Gold battery. So I assume I'm getting quite a good battery drain, right?
    03-04-12 06:35 AM
    Is the gold battery that much battery than the OEM?
    03-04-12 06:57 AM
    That's a LOT better than my 9900 even WITH Battery Saver running! I envy you!
    03-04-12 07:06 AM
    I think you're good. If I do absolutely nothing on my phone my standby is usually somewhere around 2-3%. The mobile network is always going to be high...unless you turn off your cellular radio. Turning on wifi while you're at home will also help tremendously with battery life.
    03-04-12 11:30 AM
    It gets you through 2 days! What more do you want lol
    03-04-12 12:00 PM
    What is this "gold battery"???!!
    03-04-12 12:21 PM
    If i had a battery drain of 2.13% per hour, i would be happy.

Mine is more around 5%.

Depending how you use it as well is important. If that 2% drain is for checking a few emails/texts/bbm and not much else, i would say that is good. Expect 6% or more if using it for web browsing or calls.
    My battery drain with 7.1.0.267 is always between 1.5% to 2.8%/hr with about 1 hour of web browsing, five emails, no BBM but few SMS and bit of Facebook and SocialFeed. I am very happy compared to OS 7.0 versions I end up with 6%/hr battery drain rates based on Meterberry.
    03-04-12 12:28 PM
    What is this "gold battery"???!!
    Gold battery is a third party battery sold on eBay for Bold 99xx. Read these threads:
    1. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-mind-696283/
    2. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...attery-628065/

It seems to be working for most people here and I am thinking of buying one too.
    03-04-12 12:30 PM
    I think you're good. If I do absolutely nothing on my phone my standby is usually somewhere around 2-3%. The mobile network is always going to be high...unless you turn off your cellular radio. Turning on wifi while you're at home will also help tremendously with battery life.
    Stand by I get 1.2%/hr... this is wired because how come we all have different experiences? How is your phone's reception in your area?
    03-04-12 12:33 PM
    I ordered the Gold battery more than a month ago and haven't heart SH*T! Rip off junk!
    03-04-12 01:01 PM
    I ordered the Gold battery more than a month ago and haven't heart SH*T! Rip off junk!
    You may want to look into that. Most of us whom have ordered one, have received theirs.
    03-04-12 01:12 PM
    Stand by I get 1.2%/hr... this is wired because how come we all have different experiences? How is your phone's reception in your area?
    I'm usually in 4-5 bar areas. I can get around 1% standby if I'm at home and on wifi. Standby with no wifi, is about 2-3%. We all have slightly different settings and apps running on our devices, I'm guessing that's what gives everyone a slightly different experience.
    03-04-12 01:17 PM
    I'd say if you can manage approx. 4% drain rate as an average under mixed conditions (idle + usage), you're doing well and fine ...
    03-04-12 01:30 PM
    How do you know if you have a faulty battery or a faulty device? My battery drains at 15%-20% per hour (as per device analyzer) and I have nothing running on it. The graphs show no more than 1-2% use on any given item (except the radio like everyone else at 95-100%) This sux I have to charge my battery at least 2-3x per day.
    03-19-12 09:48 AM
    Sounds like it would be a defective battery, though I'm no expert.

I'm sitting at about 24 hours running and my battery is sitting around 40% with average usage. This is about what I usually get, and oddly enough, although I have read everything about super-fast chargers harming the battery, I've always gotten better battery life from my 9900 after using the PlayBook charger as opposed to the included charger. If I use the regular charger, I'll get maybe 12-13 hours with the phone, but with the PB one, I've been getting around 2 days.

JB
    03-19-12 10:00 AM
    Hey there fellow 9900 owners.

I had a nightmare with my battery but now all is good and I'm a happy man. I realized after checking the device analyzer that a slide-lock application (Slide Lock� - Slide To Unlock�
    ByAjani InfoTech Private Limited) that was eating my battery way too fast. I have since downloaded Auto lock by Bulbera which works great and doesn't even show up on battery drain lists.

I have also ensured that facebook etc is not notifying me all the time and checking for updates regularly.

I am also using a great LED application that does much more, Advance OS and LED by Sultan al Sooz, which also works great and doesn't eat battery at all.

So after lots of tweaking and about $20 wasted on bad apps, I finally have the 9900 configured right, and my battery is still on 35% after around 26 hours of medium usage, some calls, and about 50 emails. I'm going to try to see if that remaining 35% will get me to 36 hours without charge!

Hope this helps...

Tal
    05-10-12 01:47 AM
    How do you know if you have a faulty battery or a faulty device? My battery drains at 15%-20% per hour (as per device analyzer) and I have nothing running on it. The graphs show no more than 1-2% use on any given item (except the radio like everyone else at 95-100%) This sux I have to charge my battery at least 2-3x per day.
    I doubt it's just apps and usage driving this. Take a look at the posts here:
    forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/long-term-battery-observations-testing-712600/

My last post on that thread is yet another theory. Of course, my issue with battery usage is intermittent. I often have drain rates like those discussed here.
    05-10-12 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD