I like the charging dock. I like the weight and looks of the phone when it's in it. I really like the use of the contact points used for charging.

BUT, fitting the 9930 into it is like walking on a tightrope.... You have to get it just right and hope you don't hit the bedside table overnight. For me it takes some fumbling.

Does anyone have a trick on using this thing?

Thanks....
    08-26-11 09:32 AM
    super glue
    08-26-11 01:21 PM
    You just have to get used to it. Once you know it's up there towering over ya at night, you'll be careful.
    08-26-11 01:23 PM
    Anyone find where you can buy JUST the cradle...you already get a wall charger and USB cord...why pay all the extra for that?
    08-26-11 02:25 PM
    i agree with the OP...this cradle is not very safe or dependable. hopefully an aftermarket one will come out soon.
    08-26-11 02:40 PM
    I saw someone posted earlier today a dock he bought at Best Buy. Don't know if it's different than the BB one or not.
    I've been checking Seidio lately but they don't even have the 9930 listed yet, let alone any accessories for it.....
    Someone will make a better dock!
    08-26-11 04:04 PM
    I bought one at Future Shop (same company as best buy) and it is exact same one as Blackberry is selling
    08-26-11 04:14 PM
    I bought one at Future Shop (same company as best buy) and it is exact same one as Blackberry is selling
    Link please?
    08-26-11 04:24 PM
    Yeah, and a recent post praised the dock for how compact and convenient it was! To each his own...
    08-26-11 04:34 PM
    I do not see a huge problem with the OEM dock. I have been using one for weeks now and as long as you seat the device into the slot and make sure it is somewhat vertical, it charges just fine. Nothing is better for charging and giving you the abilty to grab your phone for a call without having to unplug anything!

You would have to hit the table pretty hard to dump the phone out of the charging cradle, ouch!

This is a must have accessory for me and the main reason I use my phone naked!

In fact I am naked now!
    08-26-11 05:14 PM
    Naked man holding a naked Bold ... what a sexy phrase
    08-26-11 05:17 PM
    I do not see a huge problem with the OEM dock. I have been using one for weeks now and as long as you seat the device into the slot and make sure it is somewhat vertical, it charges just fine. Nothing is better for charging and giving you the abilty to grab your phone for a call without having to unplug anything!
    I don't disagree with you on how neat it is to be able to just drop your phone into a slot at night. Never liked plugging in and out my 2 Storms.
    But with this one I think they got a little too cute. IMO, could have made it a little deeper...
    08-26-11 06:50 PM
    anyone know if there is a case compatible with this pod?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD