Hello,

I can't install OS 7.1 on my new BB 9900.
    It's a device without carrier bought in Belgium where I live. I just use it as a prepaid phone.
    It came with 7.0 installed. When I ask BlackBerry Desktop manager to search for updates it says there aren't

I tried downloading a carrier OS from Base (Belgium provider)
    Installed it.
    Deleted 2x vendor.xml
    But it says I can't install the new software because I'm not a BIS user or something like that.

Thanks in advance for helping me out!
    08-12-12 02:44 PM
    You need BIS. If you can get a prepaid SIM with BIS it would update then. I would highly recommend it. Then you get the full potential of the smartphone.
    08-12-12 02:53 PM
    There are workarounds to upgrade the OS when you don't have a BlackBerry data plan. Just search. I have read that if you disconnect the computer from the internet and turn off mobile network and wifi on the BlackBerry that will work, but I can't confirm. Just search on upgrade BlackBerry without data plan and you'll see what others have reported to work.
    08-12-12 03:43 PM
    Just use the App Loader (Loader.exe) to install the OS instead of the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    08-12-12 04:21 PM
    Yes, just use the App Loader. I am using a prepaid service as well and so far has not encountered any problem updating the o/s via the App Loader.
    08-12-12 06:22 PM
    Head on to faq.ourberries.com and go over to the Downloads page. Those should work.

Sent from my Blackberry.
    08-12-12 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD