Well I've been doing a lot of research into this over the past few days and weeks and I think I've come up with the ideal solution to help us all save our battery life.

My tests have shown conclusively that this method can have your phone lasting for days or in some cases even weeks. So it is well worth trying out.

Lets begin;

1) Make sure your phone is in standby mode, so either unlock the screen or get it back to the main screen.

2) Check your battery life as it currently stands, important for referencing later on.

3) Find the End Call button on your phone, key to the far right of the track pad just below the screen.

4) Hold this button down for a while until the display shows "Turning off device".

5) Wait for device to turn itself off.

Now your phone will last for days or even weeks of battery life. No need to use all these other silly tips for turning down the screen or shutting off different radios. Just one simple tip, for some serious battery power.

crigga84, Spawn12, mtint and 2 others like this.
    09-02-11 07:39 AM
    FAIL

10char
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    09-02-11 07:51 AM
    Awww c'mon now, did you at least try and follow the steps ?
    09-02-11 07:53 AM
    @ the OP, please be a bit more serious this is not a kindergarten

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lution-645430/
    09-02-11 08:09 AM
    ROFL dude this shuts the phone off and can't be used. Are you trollin' or are you actually serious? LMAO!!!
    sg2544 likes this.
    09-02-11 08:13 AM
    Someone add the title "[WASTE OF AIR]" to the title of this thread
    09-02-11 08:28 AM
    Hope a mod sees and closes this useless and childish thread
    DrewDT likes this.
    09-02-11 08:31 AM
    Wow. I followed these steps and it worked! My batter performance has improved so much!
    09-02-11 08:33 AM
    What did you all wake up with pi$$ in your wheaties? Buncha stiffs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Spawn12 likes this.
    09-02-11 08:34 AM
    I think it needed to be said. Either power it off, or get a bigger battery. Those are really the only two solutions. And, to all the whiners out there, if you really did your research, you would have known that the battery was going to be the #1 issue with this phone. It's a small battery.

slava888 likes this.
    09-02-11 09:04 AM
    Amazing! The only problem is I think your solution renders the phone completely unusable :/

09-02-11 09:04 AM
    I think it needed to be said. Either power it off, or get a bigger battery. Those are really the only two solutions. And, to all the whiners out there, if you really did your research, you would have known that the battery was going to be the #1 issue with this phone. It's a small battery.

The batter doesn't suck, you just need to know what OS to use. Simple as that.
    09-02-11 09:27 AM

That's right, I, among others, have been following this phone for two years. We all knew the battery was not what was expected. It was one of the first pieces of information we got when the specs were leaked MONTHS ago. And not to be cruel, but just because a couple of people on Rogers using a stock OS claimed great battery improvement, (who by the way never even mentioned what carrier they were on, what apps were running, what their usage was, etc) doesn't mean a thing in the real world of multiple carriers, app variations, usage variations, etc. I know I can't stop what is inherent in the phones design...I DO know that I dislike seeing threads claiming solutions (presumably for ALL of us) to a well known issue, and the solution is obviously not going to work for all...and most likely not for most.

Sent to you from my BOLD 9930 WITHOUT typing the dumbest phrase ever made popular which is: "Just Sayin"

09-02-11 10:14 AM
    I was just gonna post this.

I've noticed that if I don't use my phone, or turn it off completely, then the battery lasts longer.
    09-02-11 10:47 AM
    Lol I'm glad a few of you have a sense of humor.

We're all going through the battery problem together here.

Just thought I'd lighten the mood a bit.

Last time I checked they didn't teach irony or sarcasm in kindergarten ?

I did also start a rather useful WhatsApp battery tip post, but I thought some humor would get us all laughing again.

I guessed wrong
    09-02-11 01:31 PM
    Well at least you can still use the NFC now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-02-11 02:02 PM
    come on. that was pretty funny.

09-02-11 09:28 PM
    I found that if you remove that black rectangle thing from the back of the device (which is hidden under some sort of cover flap of some sort) my battery life increased tri-fold!
    09-02-11 09:56 PM
    I found that if you remove that black rectangle thing from the back of the device (which is hidden under some sort of cover flap of some sort) my battery life increased tri-fold!
    Gonna yank it off now and post back my findings
    09-02-11 10:05 PM
    Haters gon' hate.
    09-02-11 10:26 PM
    I like the the tips

Actually the OP method is better than the "original tips" posted on the front page. The end result is virtually the same but with half the effort/steps

09-03-11 12:11 AM
    love this tip. :-) this is second only to the tip that says to " charge your battery as much as possible" .LOL!
    09-03-11 12:37 AM
    LOL. Hey, here's another one....
    I noticed today that I forgot my phone at home, when I returned...to my amazement, battery depletion was only 10% and I'm a heavy user! (220lbs!)

09-03-11 02:38 AM
    The batter doesn't suck, you just need to know what OS to use. Simple as that.
    Hate to break it to you, but the OS vs battery life debate? Placebo effect. It's the same as the Playbook being described as snappier after an update. There is very little difference between the OS versions and battery life. Want to make sure your 9900 is working like it should? Delete all apps (ALL APPS) that show up in App World (on your device) as unsupported device/carrier/country. Reboot, and enjoy. Since deleting 4 apps (2 games / 2 apps) I have seen a marked improvement with respect to battery life. I was pissed as two of those apps were costly...LoL but I had to try, was having too many inconsistent results from my various tests.
    09-03-11 07:57 AM
    This Thread is as useful as the Threads bitchin about the "poor" battery life! Morons who think a smaller battery is less "Powerful" when in fact it's just as powerful as a bigger battery, but has less reserve energy. If the 9930 uses less energy, it can and DOES get LONGER battery life than older devices did on a BIGGER battery. So those idiots need to turn the damn thing off and quit bitchin, because they don't know what you're talking about!
    Last edited by chasvs; 09-03-11 at 08:14 AM.
    Dayvidpriddy likes this.
    09-03-11 08:12 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD