My BB 9900's battery is really awful! this is my second unit and i unplug my phone around 7 AM and by the time 5 PM comes around It's practically dead. I've had the phone for about a month (this is when i purchased the phone, i got the replacement a week ago) and the batter seems to drop really quickly... I now unplug it at 11 AM since i have power connection but it still drains! By the time it's 4 PM my battery is at 40 %?! I really only text, bbm and a few webpages and emails. I always exit out of the apps i use and i still can't figure out why? im using vs 261. Any ideas?
    09-29-11 08:34 AM
    Sounds like either your battery is faulty again or its not charging properly. I wouldn't say the battery is paticularily good or even as good as previous Bold's as its not but I get through the day with pretty heavy usage. Even on bad days where I've been on it all day its still only been just in the red by bed time. The one time I had an issue with it getting low quickly I found I had left my playbook on and it stayed in bridge mode all day but even then I still got a good 12 hours and I don't turn anything off to conserve battery, I feel if you have to do that then you have the wrong phone.

I'm presuming your using the wall charger with it and not usb off your pc as that can leave the phone with a very weak charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-11 12:41 PM
    my 2nd battery from China seems so much better than the original from Japan.
    09-29-11 12:47 PM
    I'd consider giving .353 from SK Telecom a go. Battery dramatically improved for me - on par with my 9700.
    09-29-11 01:11 PM
    Changing the screen brightness and the backlight timeout also helps out in the battery department. I took my 9930 off the charger at 6:30 this morning, and at 1:40pm my battery is sitting at 80%.
    09-29-11 01:43 PM
    There's a billion threads on this. The bottom line is, the battery just isn't very good no matter what you do to try and tweak it.
    09-29-11 02:03 PM
    I would make sure your settings for facebook and twitter are not on auto update. Facebook is a battery hog. I would turn the "check new feeds" to never because it will manually update when u launch Facebook or you can select to refresh it when you using social feeds. Also, change the brightness of your display to 30 or thereabouts. There are more battery tips on this website. If you have already attempted those tips then I am out of ideas for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-11 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD