Hey. Just recently made a profile but a long time user of crackberry

Like many of you out there, I was complaining about my battery on the 9900. I read every single thread out there on crackberry, Did all the things I could to make my battery better (ie. Screen brightness, wifi , bluetooth, etc) but today i came across something that changed my battery REMARKABLY!
    I'm so happy with my battery right now i'm getting an entire day on my battery right now while I was struggling to get 10 hours before.

i figured out today my GPS was on. I also thought mine was off however, double check.

Steps:
    Search 'gps' --> Location Settings--> SET Location Services to OFF

Hope this helps everyone.
    Please forgive me if i opened an already existing thread.

Cheers!
    02-18-12 11:32 PM
    Did you not update the OS on the meantime?
    02-18-12 11:33 PM
    this is old news and has already been discussed endlessy in the 99XX battery threads.
    02-18-12 11:36 PM
    hahahah i wipe my device and now battery was way better than ever....
    02-18-12 11:49 PM
    hahahah i wipe my device and now battery was way better than ever....
    I think I might just do that. Got a replacement 9930 and for some reason, compared to my original 9930, the new one, running 7.1 has horrible battery life.

I did not do device switch or anything, just the exact same settings on my original 9930 like my new 9930.

Question though, when did you wiped, did you do it front the device itself or did you go through the desktop manager?

Which would you recommend?
    02-19-12 12:24 AM
    i did it with the phone itself, wipe everything by check all three boxes
    but i am still using the 7.0 OS now so not sure if the 7.1 works the same
    and i am just using my google contact to syn with my 9900 contacts
    but so far so good for me

i think you should do a wipe on your device instead of the DM
    02-19-12 12:30 AM
    wipe on bbsak.
    02-19-12 02:42 AM
    the 7.1 update was more than enough to notice the difference, i connect my pb and ipod using the hot spot and use bbm and email extensively and all is good, just do the right thing and update
    02-19-12 03:28 AM
    the 7.1 update was more than enough to notice the difference, i connect my pb and ipod using the hot spot and use bbm and email extensively and all is good, just do the right thing and update
    This. 7.1 solved battery problem for me
    02-19-12 03:32 AM
    Some say 7.1 solves it and 7.0 also solves it. The only way to be sure is to try the latest of both in order to then make a decision on how good or bad battery life is. For me, 7.1.0.267 is excellent.
    02-19-12 08:22 AM
    ah i am still using 7.0.0585, platform 5.0.0.734
    02-19-12 10:15 AM
    i did it with the phone itself, wipe everything by check all three boxes
    but i am still using the 7.0 OS now so not sure if the 7.1 works the same
    and i am just using my google contact to syn with my 9900 contacts
    but so far so good for me

i think you should do a wipe on your device instead of the DM
    Thanks for the tip!

I will try that later today!

Under the BlackBerry Battery test menu, it says my discharge rate is ~5% an hour which is high, according to the tests.

So I know "something" is wrong since, like I said, my 7.0 had much better battery life than the 7.1
    02-19-12 10:19 AM
    ...this is a joke, right?
    02-19-12 10:45 AM
    ...this is a joke, right?
    What do you mean?
    02-19-12 10:50 AM
    It's not the OS. Battery life has been absolutely consistent on my device through three OS's. If you battery s*cks get a new one or a new phone or do a complete wipe and reload.
    02-19-12 11:21 AM
    It's not the OS. Battery life has been absolutely consistent on my device through three OS's. If you battery s*cks get a new one or a new phone or do a complete wipe and reload.
    That's the weird thing though. The replacement 9930 they sent me did not have a battery in it. I just used the one from my original 9930 and when I used the battery in that one, it was absolutely great.

Same battery, new device and OS so I am going to a complete wipe tonight when no one will try to e-mail or text me =D
    02-19-12 12:22 PM
    Hi guys,
    Can you please show me the thread on how to do a complete wipe? Steps for a noob please
    I would be doing an upgrade to the latest 7.1.267.
    02-19-12 12:53 PM
    i am still using the old battery and the original device...
    the old battery use to drain so much that i have to charge 2 times a day
    02-19-12 01:32 PM
    Ok, guys.apart from turning off the GPS....whas the best os that you guys have found out that give great battery life and cleared any minor bug if any was present. Just turned off my gps location, will see how much that helped.
    02-19-12 03:12 PM
    Hey. Just recently made a profile but a long time user of crackberry

Like many of you out there, I was complaining about my battery on the 9900. I read every single thread out there on crackberry, Did all the things I could to make my battery better (ie. Screen brightness, wifi , bluetooth, etc) but today i came across something that changed my battery REMARKABLY!
    I'm so happy with my battery right now i'm getting an entire day on my battery right now while I was struggling to get 10 hours before.

i figured out today my GPS was on. I also thought mine was off however, double check.

Steps:
    Search 'gps' --> Location Settings--> SET Location Services to OFF

Hope this helps everyone.
    Please forgive me if i opened an already existing thread.

Cheers!
    Thank you ver much. Mine was on as well and didnt even know. Greatly appreciated.
    02-19-12 03:34 PM
    I'm easly able to last an entire day (24hours) without charging my battery. I'm running 7.0.0.585 and everything is wonderfull. I often use the bridge with my playbook and have no problems. The only thing is that you always have to be sure that a limited quantity of apps are runing (just have to check that with press 2 seconds on the BB button).

Love bold 9900, its the best phone I ever had...
    02-19-12 08:04 PM
    Hi guys,
    Can you please show me the thread on how to do a complete wipe? Steps for a noob please
    I would be doing an upgrade to the latest 7.1.267.
    All you have to do is type "wipe" in the universal search bar and it will give you the option of wiping the device.

Just gotta check the boxes you want (you have 3 boxes) and then type "blackberry" and boom, the device will be wiped.
    02-19-12 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD