Using Pandora for an hour and a half straight while driving and loosing 20% battery.

Is this acceptable? Also its avery rural area with not the greatest signal. Sometimes sometimes it would cut out when I would lose 3G and drop to 1X.

This is on Verizon with a 9930.

I would think it's about right because of the constant data stream that's going on with Pandora.

Via Blackberry Bold� 9930 using Tapatalk�
    11-08-11 08:38 PM
    I think that's pretty acceptable. Any type of streaming is going to kill the battery quicker.
    11-08-11 09:40 PM
    Yeah pandora has always killed bb batteries (or any phone for that matter). Its a streaming thing. You will find that with anything that had intensive data use.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-08-11 09:43 PM
    Just make sure you go into the settings and check what kind of quality you're using. The higher the quality, the larger the file and the more data/power you're going to use. BUT, if you're driving get a car charger!

Pandora has always eaten my battery. Used it today and lost around 5% in about 30 minutes while sending texts/emails.
    11-08-11 10:17 PM
    Just make sure you go into the settings and check what kind of quality you're using. The higher the quality, the larger the file and the more data/power you're going to use. BUT, if you're driving get a car charger!

Pandora has always eaten my battery. Used it today and lost around 5% in about 30 minutes while sending texts/emails.

I do have a car charger, but when I get home from work at 6:30 pm I have 40% battery left and that's plenty to get me to 10pm. My phone comes of the charger at 5:30 am.

So I really don't need to use the car charger yet.

If my phone can make from 5:30 am to 10:00 pm with my usage then I should have no complaints about the battery.

Sent from my BlackBerry� using Tapatalk
    11-08-11 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD