What I do is drop my signal down to 2G when I'm at home or using WIFI. I don't need �g and Wifi at the same time.
    02-22-12 08:00 AM
    That's insane,you either have the perfect setup or a awesome battery,what version are you running??
    7.0.0.267 i think whatever the most recent leak is.

Here how my weekend went with 7.0.0.105
    I went camping with my scout group (Im a leader)
    Just 3g from friday at 6pmto sunday at noon in the middle of no where (includes roaming) with same use as normal
    Then sunday afternoon to monday morning bt,wifi,3g
    Then rest of monday heavy picture taking with bt,wifi,3g

By the time i got home i had 18%battery left since friday.

Sent from my GT-P7500R using Tapatalk
    02-22-12 09:42 AM
    I had bad battery life for the first few weeks, though not as bad as what some are reporting in this thread. My idea of bad was 7%/hour, no matter what I did, even idling. No extra apps running, or so I thought.

But I discovered that there can be "invisible" apps running, even when you, the user, haven't opened them. And these can chew up your battery.

There are two ways to find out. One is to buy the app PB Task Manager, and run it to detect "invisible processes." For example, if you have Pandora installed, it'll show you that Pandora loads on startup and is always there. You can't kill it, unless you uninstall it. But Pandora isn't too bad; it doesn't use much power when you're not actually using. But if you have a lot of apps like that, it can add up.

The other way is to go into Options>Device>Application Management and check the CPU usage screen. It'll show some apps that are "never used" but still using CPU time, and one or more of them may be using a lot of it.

It's not a certainty that this is the cause of bad battery life, but in my case it was. And it took me a long time to figure it out because I knew that I wasn't using certain apps, and Application Switcher didn't show them, so I thought I could ignore them. That was a mistake.
    02-22-12 02:01 PM
    I checked and don't seem to have any invisible apps running, battery is suffering like .
    02-22-12 02:13 PM
    I checked and don't seem to have any invisible apps running, battery is suffering like .
    I'm sorry it didn't help. I went crazy for two weeks before finding the apps that were killing the battery.

You'll have to do some experimenting, and record the results. For example, check your drain rate with all radios off for a few hours. If it's still bad, with no apps running and no invisible apps, then you may have a defective device or defective battery.
    02-23-12 08:01 AM
    to me, battery problems is history.

my phone could last 2 days with moderate chats and surfing and a day of heavy chat and surfing on 3G.
    02-23-12 08:33 AM
    8 hours on just 3g
    2 ota theme downladed and installed
    3 Battery pulls
    6 phone calls
    12 txt
    30 bbm group messages
    About 30 minutes of facebook app
    Hour of browsing
    And a network unlock

78% left

Sent from my GT-P7500R using Tapatalk
    02-23-12 01:28 PM
    I don't know what the big deal with the battery is anymore.

After the update to the latest OS, I've never had BETTER battery performance.

And this is after a few dozen texts/BBMs throughout the day, and get this; constantly linked to my PlayBook through the bridge ALL DAY LONG (at least till I get home, then I plug in to chargers) and an hours commute in my car which I stream music through bluetooth.

At the end of the day, around 5 or 6PM, I still have just over 50% battery each of these past few days now. Which is awesome since I would be below 50% before noon.
    02-23-12 01:46 PM
    I got a second battery with an external charger. But the battery is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
    Same here. I think the .267 build helped somewhat but I have a spare that I carry and so far since I've had .267, I haven't had to switch the battery all day. BUY A SPARE.
    02-23-12 01:49 PM
    Yes there is a fix.

i was in the same situation. i use to have a battery drain of 20% to 25% with normal use + wifi and bridge. my phone couldnt make it to lunchtime before dying on me. just like you i tried many tips online but nothing worked.

One of the tips i disregarded at first was the 3G network settings, because i had a strong signal and it didnt make much sense to me so i didnt pay much attention to it. but the fact is when i dropped my connection from 3G to EDGE, the battery life skyrocketted even though the 3g signal was always strong. the change was actually impressive:

The battery drain at standby was 10% to 12% with 3G. when changed the settings to 2G. the drain dropped to 1.5% (standby), all else being equal.

i spent a week on 2G only. the switched back to 3G. same signal strength and no other changes. the drain settled at 3% on standby.

I suggest you try doing the same. switch to 2G for a few days then back to 3G. it worked really well in my case
    Am observing exactly this behaviour when using 3G, inspite of having a strong signal. The battery drain is significantly lower using 2G only. Thanks for the tip, will try reverting to 3G after a week or so.
    03-14-12 09:37 AM
    When I bought mine, I used DM to switch over apps and restore data from my old 9800. The first couple of days it wouldn't last much past lunchtime with moderate use while I was away from home. Upgraded to 7.1.0.267, uninstalled or upgraded all the apps to the latest versions and what a differnce it made. Was thinking of returning under the 7 day policy but not needed now. Easily gets a full day with moderate use and 2 days with light. Not sure if it was 267 or the apps upgrade or probably both.
    03-14-12 03:23 PM
    My battery is actually 24 hours strong with making phone calls, texting, surfing the web, bbm, and checking weather here and there. I go on fb and twitter a lot. When I loaded 7.1, I took someone's advice on CB and did a clean wipe. The clean wipe definitely made battery life much longer. No real problems here either.
    03-14-12 06:16 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD