I've had this phone for about a week so far and the battery life is the worst by far that I had with any other BB I've owned. I'm getting 14 hr's tops on a full charge with below average use. I love the phone and everything about it besides this battery issue. I really hope they do something to fix the issue because I notice that I'm not the only one with this problem. I've upgraded to the latest software but nothing.

-Social Feeds Uninstalled
    -Facebook Uninstalled
    -BB Maps Uninstalled
    -GPS is off
    -Blue tooth is off

Man hopefully the 9790 is better because I just can't go for a weak battery.
    Realistically you are shocked by this?

The 99xx has a smaller capacity battery with faster processor and higher screen resolution than other BBs. It only makes sense that battery life would be shorter.

Can't have your cake and eat it too...
    11-10-11 12:16 PM
    14 hours is great. What do you want from a phone?
    11-10-11 01:08 PM
    My battery life sucks balls! Coming from the 9700 it's a huge a difference!
    11-10-11 02:23 PM
    Definitely I always run all my phone on the lowest brightness. If I'm going into a basement at my job, I turn off all conections since they is no coverage there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Does setting vibration cause a huge decline? I usually had my calls to set to vibrate on my 9700, I am debating if I should change that.
    11-10-11 02:27 PM
    Did you try to put the phone in 1XEV/Home Only Mode ?? i did that and my battery life doubled literally.. and i have seen no slow downs. NONE.
    Really? i may have to check that out. Thanks.
    11-10-11 02:32 PM
    Does setting vibration cause a huge decline? I usually had my calls to set to vibrate on my 9700, I am debating if I should change that.
    I use vibrate a lot, but I'm always changing throughout the day. Depends if I'm in a conference, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 02:55 PM
    On light use I can get roughly two days out of my BB (over 24hrs)... heavy use definitely less than a day... I'll try upgrading to .474 and adjusting my screen brightness, i'll report back.

All in all, i'm not terribly surprised at the battery life on this thing... my iPhone 4 would get the same amount of battery life during heavy use...
    11-10-11 03:31 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD