so I use the Battery Drain Analyzer to track battery drain and the results I get confuze me:
    -when idle, the drain level is between 2-4 % hour with around 80 modules running and 1-2% CPU
    -when I use my phone, even lightly and check the Battery tracker I get 10 or as high as 17% per hour with the same number of modules running and CPU at around 3%.

The modules running are the same and they are all under 1% CPU time.

My question is why is there such a big drain difference when I barely use my phone? Could there be any apps running that do not appear in the Drain Analyzer? Worth mentioning is that I check the Application Manager for usage by CPU, time, memory and it is all within normal parameters and no strange apps running.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-29-12 09:41 AM
    Which OS and have you checked usage in application manager?
    03-29-12 10:13 AM
    Which OS and have you checked usage in application manager?
    did you read my post? I clearly said I checked App Manager.

OS 7.1 (267)
    03-29-12 10:19 AM
    That you did and yes I did. Were there any apps that showed usage and you know for a fact you did not use them? And I don't mean strange apps, I mean apps that show time or kb/mb usage.

For example, Social Feeds shows me that it has used 800 kb today. I have not used it at all. So therefore it is going to add to my discharge rate. Any other app just like that is going to slowly up your discharge rate.
    03-29-12 10:27 AM
    both Memory and CPU show usage from apps I didn't use today such as Slacker Radio, DocsToGo, Twitter, a bunch of games, Media, BBM. I've set to Deny the permissions of the radio apps and other apps I don't need regularly, let's see what happens...
    03-29-12 11:26 AM
    I tend to find games increased my discharge rate significantly... I only have a few and the one I have installed show no usage when I am not using them.

Slacker radio may be a good chunk of your discharge rate. I have had no bad effects from DocsToGo, Twitter, or BBM. Media is up and down as always.
    03-29-12 11:31 AM
    Be patient and wait for 2-3 days. I experienced this last week and I thought my battery started acting up. It turns out that my carrier had been reworking their network thus causing the signal went all over the place. Mind me that the signal was full bar when all of these happened. It was full bar but the battery drained like crazy and my phone was a bit warm all the time.

After I got the confirmation about the carrier, I switched my sim card to another carrier (off course with BB service) and voila..the battery cooled down and the drain rate back to normal (3%).

Lesson learned: even if the signal bar shows full, it doesn't mean that the network is good. There might be something going on on the back that we don't know.

Hope this helps. Just sharing my experience with you. I fully understand you frustration. I've been there.
    03-29-12 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD