This might not help everyone, but to some this will be a pretty sweet fix.

I went the screwdriver, paper clip, coin, etc. route to pry the door open. They worked, but I noticed that there was some slight damage starting to accumulate.

I was starting my day off a few weeks back with a battery pull, and on my desk couldn't find anything that would appear to work...and that's when I saw it!

A nylon "soft" guitar pick! A prybar tool works pretty darn good, as stated, but if you happen to be a Crackberry enthusiast that strums the 6-string, a guitar pick does a really nice job of prying the back off off the 99xx!
    Nels likes this.
    12-13-11 06:07 PM
    Odd. Having to search Crackberry on how to open a battery compartment of my just arrived 9930.

I am glad that I had ordered plastic pry tools ages ago just in case I wanted to dissect something or other. Came in handy for this first project - opening a battery compartment.

Thanks all.
    02-27-12 05:25 PM
    Hahah^ Ahww congrats on your 9930! Goodluck F2 and don't be too hard on it!
    02-27-12 05:28 PM
    I have had this with both my Bolds. Neither got easier to open & have never managed to open the back cover with my nails.

If I am unable to find a female I use a biro lid.

I was going to start a thread a while back titled "Who is going to grow their thumb nail to get their back cover open".

As above it would look like a popular thread.

No time like the present.....Day #1 of thumb nail growth !
    02-27-12 06:01 PM
    MY friend you need more biotin in your daily dose of vitamins.
    02-27-12 07:57 PM
    I always use the top of a plastic knife to open it.
    02-28-12 03:48 AM
    For me, the worst door to open is the 9370. I can't even find a little slot to put the credit card under.

I'll go look for one of those plastic pry tools.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 02-28-12 at 07:16 AM.
    02-28-12 06:57 AM
    I'd have to say your best bet is going one side first. When my girlfriend's needs a battery pull I have to take the cover off as it's still a little tight. But otherwise it's gotten better.
    so that's what they call it these days...performing a battery pull on your girlfriend aye
    boldkeyboardholic likes this.
    02-28-12 11:13 AM
    I use the corner of a credit card and it works well. One word of caution do not stick it in too far or you will damage the foam seal that keeps dust out of the unit.
    03-01-12 12:31 AM
    Hahah^ Ahww congrats on your 9930! Goodluck F2 and don't be too hard on it!
    I do have to get use to its wider width. I did like the 9650's overall size. The second time I managed to open the battery compartment a bit easier - I needed to put the sd card into it.
    03-01-12 12:32 PM
    It was difficult taking the door off the first couple times, now it's easy. I just use my thumbnail to remove. I would be careful using any object to pry it open.
    03-01-12 02:38 PM
    A guitar pick works absolutely great for me!
    03-01-12 06:32 PM
    I do have to get use to its wider width. I did like the 9650's overall size. The second time I managed to open the battery compartment a bit easier - I needed to put the sd card into it.
    Yeah same situation here on the 97XX's. Give it some time and you would love the wider with.
    Or well atleast you would get used to it in no time. No biggie. I'm sure it will grow on you.
    My battery cover is very easy to pop off, i can just do it all day long if needed lol.
    Without any tools just using the tip of my fingertips, with a little pressure it's all done in a second.
    03-01-12 06:42 PM
    Just got my new 9930 in the mail and tried everything, but I couldn't get the battery door off. Luckily my husband had a guitar pick. You guys are a lifesaver.
    03-12-12 09:25 PM
    Why do you need to take the battery door off so often? I never need to touch my sim card, rarely ever removed my memory card and almost always use alt+right shift+del when I need to reboot.
    03-12-12 10:11 PM
    Why do you need to take the battery door off so often? I never need to touch my sim card, rarely ever removed my memory card and almost always use alt+right shift+del when I need to reboot.
    Same here. I use soft reboot when I have an issue.
    03-12-12 11:09 PM
    My first experience with the difficult battery door that required removal was - it was brand new and needed the battery INSIDE and not outside as it was shipped.

Next I did not have an sdcard when I first got it. It needed to be opened to accommodate that.

3rd time, I called to have it UNlocked by Verizon and the guy wanted the sim card number (I don't think he really needed it).
    03-13-12 12:54 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD