Is it just me or is anyone else having this issue?

My charger seems to get very hot when I charge it. I was using it and charging it at the same time, and after about 30-60 mins, i felt the charger and it was extremely hot. Not only does this concern me, it makes me wonder if this will effect my phone or batter itself.

Anyone else having this problem?
    08-23-11 09:20 PM
    the charger itself? i never felt the charger before lol. the battery itself can get hot while using and charging but thats it
    08-23-11 09:22 PM
    i didnt touch the battery, as for the cover was on. but the charger was burning, as for i had to pull it out of the plug.
    08-23-11 09:23 PM
    I haven't noticed that on the charger it comes with... will pay attention next time I charge it up.
    08-23-11 10:10 PM
    I haven't noticed that on the charger it comes with... will pay attention next time I charge it up.
    tell me how it goes !
    08-23-11 10:19 PM
    Must be running at peak amperage draw making it hot to the touch or may be defective in some way. It's normal for chargers & batteries to get warm during deep charging cycle, but "getting hot" isn't a good sign.
    i got my 9900 today; do you think i should return it? it was quite hot to the point where i was actually suprised that a charger could actually be that hot.
    08-23-11 11:05 PM
    It happened to me this morning with one of my 9900s - the charger got really hot. I'm going to try it again tonight to see if the same thing happens.
    08-23-11 11:39 PM
    It happened to me this morning with one of my 9900s - the charger got really hot. I'm going to try it again tonight to see if the same thing happens.
    not to come off as ignorant or as a **** or anthing, but im glad im not the only one. i was actually scared for a second :P
    08-23-11 11:41 PM
    i know what youre talking about this is my first blackberry and everytime i touched the charger it was warm enough to make me aware that this isnt normal
    08-23-11 11:47 PM
    it seems like the material seems to conduct more heat
    08-23-11 11:47 PM
    I noticed the charger was hot and to be honest I wasn't too impressed with the crummy little charger either but I found that my folding charger for my 9700 fits and works perfectly with the 9900.
    08-24-11 12:06 AM
    I noticed the charger was hot and to be honest I wasn't too impressed with the crummy little charger either but I found that my folding charger for my 9700 fits and works perfectly with the 9900.
    Thank you for this info. I didn't know it works for the new model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 12:17 AM
    I received my 9930 yesterday and at the first charge at home I also noticed my charger was very warm.
    08-24-11 06:55 AM
    The larger folding charger has more capacity and will charger your 9900 faster. I suggest that the smaller charger did not have the capacity to both charge and use you device at the same time without getting hot.

Try just charging with it and see if it still gets hot. Warm is OK, mine get warm while charging, but not hot, but I do not use my device while charging as it sits in the charging cradle.
    08-24-11 07:04 AM
    Try with the regular BB microUSB charger... if you have one. If not, you can purchase them at any brick&mortar store - not very expensive. Should that get HOT as well, then something isn't right with the phone and/or battery. If the charger stays warm then all's good. It's normal for a battery to warm up slightly as well during the charging cycle.

It could be that those tiny 2-prong thingies that come shipped with the phones barely meet the amp draw requirements while charging making them heat up!

Personally I use the BB microUSB charger that came with my 8900 to charge the new 9900. Works well, barely warms up.

(By BB microUSB, I mean this type of charger: BlackBerry Micro-USB Travel Charger - CrackBerry Canada )
    tried using the charger i had from my nintendo ds.. didnt work so well :P

and once again, it is burning up again.
    08-24-11 06:03 PM
    Haven't used the little cube charger that came with it. Still using the charger that came with my old Tour 9630. Use that for my Playbook as well. It has been plugged into the wall for two years now....and isn't hot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 09:30 PM
    Glad I kept the folding charger from my 8900, this little one gets burning hot. I thought it was the outlet I plugged it into, but I tested in 4 different outlets and even at work. It got so hot I had to turn off the power bar and let it cool down so I didn't burn myself. I later learned that simply unplugging my phone will allow it to cool down quickly, but honestly it shouldn't get so hot...

I love my 9900, but so far everything all the accessories that come in the box are ****ty, it's almost insulting. The headphones are below sub quality, they don't even work! I only noticed a month later as that only 1 ear plays and garbled at most... I got better ear phones with the 8900 (they're not lookers, but work very well). The audio port works well on the phone as I bought high end Sennheiser ones and have no issue. I understand it's cheaper to to package it with this charger (and they hand it out like candy with all their accessories) but for a flagship phone it deserves to ship with the blade charger...

I do recommend the soft shell to purchase, it's actually really well made.
    09-16-11 05:22 PM
    My charger get warm but my battery gets hot... I think that's because I'm using the playbook charger...

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-16-11 05:33 PM
    i believe the 9900 batteries, being so thin, heats up pretty hot. using charger other than 9900 also makes both charger and phone pretty hot. i always use proprietary charger.
    the thinness of the battery makes it hotter/dissipates heats better.
    09-16-11 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD