Same here , even i am getting pretty decent battery life since i've updated to the latest leaked 7.1.0.205 . its been 13 hours now since i last charged my phone and 51% battery is still remaining with pretty moderate usage .
    Previously i was on the 579 and i use to have terrible battery life along with the well known bug where the battery goes to 92% from 100 in no time .
    Quite happy with the phone especially after this recent OS update .
    02-10-12 11:43 AM
    I'm having so much trouble with my battery life, and it's my second one. It's by far so much better than the first battery, but I don't know what else to do.

My Wifi and Bluetooth is always off, my blacklight is at its lowest, even my sound profile is at low volumes. I have the default 5 apps in the background, and I have Twitter and a Weather App. I set Twitter to refresh tweets after 1hr and the Weather App to refresh after 3. The only Third Party Apps I have installed are Poynt (which I used once) and Capture It. I deleted the Social Feeds app as well... Don't know why I have crappy battery drainage. It's not my first blackberry, so I never had battery problems before and I believe I'm not that much of a n00b.

I'm also running on .205 which I installed last Friday.
    02-10-12 12:28 PM
    Why do we need to provide proof? You don't see me complaining... you'll see me giving suggestions on how to improve.

1. Play with your settings and apps.
    2. Monitor your CPU.
    3. Close all your apps when your done.
    4. Use Wifi when available.
    Yep! thats what keeps my phone going 15hrs.

I leave my Wifi and 3G on 24/7 and charge my phone once a day overnight.

Im connected to Wifi at work and home and that helps A LOT!

The only settings I've adjusted were telling my apps to connect to Wifi if available. Thats it.

I send/receive emails, and run the Twitter app all day.
    02-10-12 02:29 PM
    I will say on wifi the phone is fine and has a superb battery life.

Once out in the wild though and having to rely on the networks, actually using the phone for calls, emails, not games, etc, battery is toast. Nothing close to how it should perform. I am not expecting two days of battery, would like to go 8-12 out of the office on the road without getting the twitchy eye and nervous tick once my battery meter hits midpoint by noon. Happening on the second one received, same as the first. Do not believe it is faulty hardware or anything to do with app management.
    02-10-12 02:40 PM
    A lot of the problem is; you have a very slim phone running a bigger processor and a smaller battery than that of a 9700 had.

There is the reason of your terrible battery life.....

Even the thicker 9790 has terrible battery life due to the same battery the 9900 has....just to small for all it does.

I would get used to it as BB10 phones will be even worse.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    02-10-12 03:06 PM
    ... Well, we have it, but I can't get the 9900 to connect to it, and IT won't help ...
    Why would they be unhelpful with this??? I mean, it would probably take them about five minutes to look into it and figure it out ...
    02-10-12 03:40 PM
    Why would they be unhelpful with this??? I mean, it would probably take them about five minutes to look into it and figure it out ...
    Clearly it's a conspiracy.
    02-11-12 09:23 AM
    A lot of the problem is; you have a very slim phone running a bigger processor and a smaller battery than that of a 9700 had.

There is the reason of your terrible battery life.....

Even the thicker 9790 has terrible battery life due to the same battery the 9900 has....just to small for all it does.

I would get used to it as BB10 phones will be even worse.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Battery life on my 9900 is better than it was on my 9800, which was far better than my 9000. Maybe the BBX stuff will continue this trend. You guys with wonky apps, corrupt OS loads, and defective phones need to get help. These things have stellar battery life.
    02-11-12 09:38 AM
    Make sure you know your device, know which apps are installed and usage, and use WiFi whenever you can.

BBM, mail, Trillian, Foursquare, SocialScope, all those free apps we got from app world last year. I have about 30 apps installed, tons of IM stuff, 9 e-mail accounts (300-400/day)
    Unplug my phone when I go to bed, auto turn on at 07:30, work all day, usually a quick charge around 9 or 10. Rinse and repeat.

If you have battery problems, crap like 'prove it to me' isn't going to do you a lot of good. You can try to emulate someone's usage and app load, but it will never happen. Spend the time learning your device and it's limitations.

The 9790 has better battery life than the 9900.
    02-11-12 09:57 AM
    I am still curious how many here with poor battery life used the Device Switch option or did a full restore using a backup from an older Os? I restored data only and my battery life has always been great! Just a question that was discussed in another "my battery sucks" thread. Wiping, reinstalling os, then restoring Data Only has solved poor battery life for many.
    02-11-12 10:02 AM
    IiiI am still curious how many here with poor battery life used the Device Switch option or did a full restore using a backup from an older Os? I restored data only and my battery life has always been great! Just a question that was discussed in another "my battery sucks" thread. Wiping, reinstalling os, then restoring Data Only has solved poor battery life for many.
    I learned that lesson the hard way when I first got my 9900. Device switch and I thought I was golden. I was not.

Someone who posted earlier mentioned that perhaps all the users experiencing crappy battery life should list their installed and heavily used apps. You may just find one of the answers you were looking for.
    02-11-12 10:04 AM
    yes, palomartian, I wouldn't expect you to use your phone to prove to me it works as you say. God forbid you use it and actually get same usage as the rest of us...

I loaded 7.1 and it comes with some kind of monitor. I'm idling at <1%/hour with only the cell radio on. About 2% with Bluetooth on but not in use, which is how I normally roll. Good luck fixing your broken phone.
    02-20-12 11:42 PM
    Good question. They just "don't support BlackBerry anymore" and that's the end of it.

Anyway, my battery life continues to improve, so even though reception is poor in my office, and I can't get onto wifi, it doesn't seem to be chewing up my battery the way it used to. Maybe this is something in the way 7.1.0.267 handles the radios in poor reception areas.
    02-21-12 09:18 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD