I've searched and cant get a definitive answer

Running 7.1 OS and 7.1 Desktop
    Once I installed 7.1OS I started getting a exception error...1>=1
    I reinsstalled the OS and am still getting the error
    I asssume the next step is to wipe

Question: If I backup-wipe and restore....are my settings (ie screen layout, hidden apps, sound profiles etc) restored or am I back to square one?
    What about media on the device?

TIA
    10-25-12 07:40 PM
    You'll be able to restore everything if you choose full backup before the wipe and full restore after. I'm not sure what the error is from but you might wanna be careful what you restore as something may be corrupt. I don't believe you can backup media stored on your phone but I know there's and option to backup the entire media card.
    10-25-12 08:08 PM
    Before wiping check to make sure all your apps are updated to the latest version. This was happening to my Husband's phone after an os update and he doesn't have much apps. So I noticed he had old ver of some apps installed, by updating them the error went away. Not sure if this will solve your prob but you can just check. All apps like BBM, App World, FB, etc
    10-25-12 09:05 PM
    If the exception error does not prevent using the device, first do a full backup using desktop manager.

Then somewhere in DM there is an "update" option. It scans your device and will show the components that are all installed. I will bet something is missing that failed to install on the upgrade. This happened on my wifes Bold. She did an OTA OS upgrade without me knowing. She starting having weird freeze ups and such.

When I plugged it in to DM, it showed some components as grayed out. It checked in those checkboxes and the "Apply" button was active. All I did was click apply and it replaced everything that was missing.

I would first back up. And then give that a shot. I will bet you it finds something wrong.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-25-12 09:45 PM
    Great input by all---thank you so much

Turned out to be RIM's own Application Resource Manager which I got from App World.
    So I uninstalled it....then reinstalled and the error returned.
    Uninstalled---but I don't know how to delete the file so I can re-download it (as I'm thinking the file itelf is whats bad)

I checked desktop and since its uninstalled it doesnt how up under apps.
    When I go to app world I only have the option to reinstall-not download

Any ideas?
    10-25-12 10:09 PM
    Great input by all---thank you so much

Turned out to be RIM's own Application Resource Manager which I got from App World.
    So I uninstalled it....then reinstalled and the error returned.
    Uninstalled---but I don't know how to delete the file so I can re-download it (as I'm thinking the file itelf is whats bad)

I checked desktop and since its uninstalled it doesnt how up under apps.
    When I go to app world I only have the option to reinstall-not download

Any ideas?
    Only one idea. The newest appworld (4?) Allows you to remove apps from the "uninstalled" section in appworld. Which might be enough to prompt for a full re-install. Be careful though not to wipe your whole apps install history.

Another idea is load up BBSAK. It allows browsing and selectively removing installed modules. My experience with it is I messed up my device and had to fresh install anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-25-12 10:30 PM
    That's correct, go to the uninstalled section in App World, select the app and del it. It will prompt you to permanently del it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-25-12 11:22 PM
    well...I updated to App World 4.x (cant recall) and it DOES offer the option to permanently delete.
    When you go back and find it in AppWorld it still show up as "reinstall"
    I did so-and got the exception error again.
    I tried several different itterations of the process (shutting down battery pulls etc) all w the same results

Suck because I wa excited about this APP
    10-25-12 11:48 PM