I noticed in DM that there are a lot of bad and unknown certificates (both intermediate and root). Why are they there? Should they be removed?
    05-13-12 12:07 PM
    This might be the Revoked list from the security breach at one of the root certificate issuers last year. Their certificates were all revoked and blacklisted. I would keep them, a "positive bad statement" is more assertive than "unlisted".
    05-13-12 05:18 PM
    This might be the Revoked list from the security breach at one of the root certificate issuers last year. Their certificates were all revoked and blacklisted. I would keep them, a "positive bad statement" is more assertive than "unlisted".
    Could you please provide a link to info about the security breach? I don't even know what to google on this.
    05-13-12 05:22 PM
    I noticed in DM that there are a lot of bad and unknown certificates (both intermediate and root). Why are they there? Should they be removed?

If desktop manager is prompting you to remove them then I would err on the side of caution and delete them.
    Your browser on your PC will have had these certificates removed automatically in one of the Windows Updates a few months back.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 06:42 PM
    Could you please provide a link to info about the security breach? I don't even know what to google on this.

Below is just one example... there have been a few incidents of CAs being hacked/infiltrated and exploited recently.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...r_certificates

05-13-12 06:45 PM
    If desktop manager is prompting you to remove them then I would err on the side of caution and delete them.
    Your browser on your PC will have had these certificates removed automatically in one of the Windows Updates a few months back.

DM isn't prompting me to delete them. When I display the certs on the phone, DM flags some as good, some as unknown and some as bad. I'm just trying to find out why this is the case and what, if anything I should do about it.
    05-13-12 11:00 PM
    DM isn't prompting me to delete them. When I display the certs on the phone, DM flags some as good, some as unknown and some as bad. I'm just trying to find out why this is the case and what, if anything I should do about it.

Oh, okay. In that case you can leave them be. I just checked the certificates on my phone and some are expired and 'bad' too.

05-14-12 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD