I did a search in this site but do many threads came up.

I bought a 'mint' 9900 on Ebay to replace my broken 9900. His ad did say bad or locked ESN. Before I did this buy now I looked on this site and found that ATT does not use ESN so I bought it anyway. It arrived Friday so I put my old SIM card in the phone and found out ut was locked, so I had my nephew unlock it because I have no Internet. I'm able to log on the phone but it reads "invalid SIM card"
    So I called ATT after 1 hour they told me to get a new SIM card at the ATT store. No problem it is only 30 miles away after spending time there and on the phone again. It still does not work.

I need your help cause I miss my phone. Can someone send me a link or advise what to do? Or should I call the vendor and return the phone? I would rather try to save time and fix it.

I hate typing on this Samsung!!!!!!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-20-14 05:17 PM
    I would probably return the phone. It may well have it's PIN blocked in addition to the ESN block imposed by the original carrier. If the device was reported stolen it's possible the original carrier reported the theft to BBRY and they have also blocked the PIN. Of course you should still be able to get phone service. This is not originally an AT&T device is it? In which case it's AT&T who blocked it. Are you certain you were able to unlock it properly? Also was it a corporate device used on a BES? In that case it could have an IT policy on it that could be the problem also.

Did AT&T have you try doing an HRT reset (host routing) and also a resend of the service books? This is worth a try. But in the end I think this device is probably just suitable for parts, which is why the seller had it marked that way and why you got it so cheap.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-20-14 08:30 PM
    I would probably return the phone. It may well have it's PIN blocked in addition to the ESN block imposed by the original carrier. If the device was reported stolen it's possible the original carrier reported the theft to BBRY and they have also blocked the PIN. Of course you should still be able to get phone service. This is not originally an AT&T device is it? In which case it's AT&T who blocked it. Are you certain you were able to unlock it properly? Also was it a corporate device used on a BES? In that case it could have an IT policy on it that could be the problem also.

Did AT&T have you try doing an HRT reset (host routing) and also a resend of the service books? This is worth a try. But in the end I think this device is probably just suitable for parts, which is why the seller had it marked that way and why you got it so cheap.
    Hello Rich
    This was not sold as a parts phone so and it was not an ATT I had ATT check this. The help at ATT is worst at best so no I did not have the HRT reset.

My newphew is here and I am going ro b have him follow Ron's directions for a nuke phone.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

04-20-14 09:05 PM
    Once you do that, try an HRT and a send service books to do this, first the HRT, you go to the homescreen to the setting wrench, then device, then advanced, then host routing, then press the BB (menu) button and select Register Now. On next send service books, go to the setup icon on the homescreen, then email accounts, then sign on, then press the BB button and select Service Books, then Send Service Books.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-20-14 09:24 PM
    Another big thank you Rich.

Hope you and your family had a Happy Easter.

BTW: I have my nephew reading CB he wants to try to fix my old 9900 so he can be a BerryHead. Nice to see a 11 year old switch from Apple. See there is hope. He wants my old BB phone when I upgrade and he give his phone to his brother. Recycle!!!

Last edited by Mr4aces; 04-20-14 at 10:33 PM.
    pkcable likes this.
    04-20-14 09:39 PM
    Hello Rich,
    I get "No Entries"
    04-20-14 10:26 PM
    Hello Rich,
    I get "No Entries"
    Sounds like you need service books
    KermEd likes this.
    04-20-14 11:06 PM
    Sounds like you need service books
    Thanks Rich for trying to assistance. Everything failed. I will try to return this today and buy another one to use till the Classic comes out.

You can bet I will be checking in daily from now on. I am a believer!!

04-21-14 01:27 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...locked-714473/ good you decide to return it, basically bad ESN is unpaid bills, hence carrier locked it. Have a read at this ...
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-21-14 09:22 PM