FINALLY After my Bold 9000 dying on me and then coming back to life after I had my iPhone 4 I'm finally getting the 9900. AT&T let me upgrade early even though its in the end of February. They are overnighting me the phone via FedEx. I should have it by 3pm!! I'm so excited!!

I wanted to get rid of my iPhone for soooo long. I hate not having the physical keypad! I'm BACK ! Joining the crackberry crew!

Anyway just was reading up and some people said the battery life was horrid. I'm going to see how it is after I do the tips as suggested (turn down brightness, close apps, turn off locations)

Regardless I was researching some options on ebay for a replacement battery just in case. I found 3 items that look to be good that don't need a bigger battery door. I was hoping for some insight on maybe some users using the same battery and if you only have to clone it one time or multiple times after every reboot.

Thank you all for the help i'm glad to be back!!

Momax Smart Charger - eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    Momax 1400 mAh - eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

2430 mAH without the need for a new battery door!! IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE!???
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

and lastly this looks to be the most popular with over 100 pieces sold (the one im leaning towards)
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

What do you all think? Do I need another battery or should I just wait till I see how long the original lasts??
    01-04-12 11:57 PM
    01-05-12 09:16 AM
    Why is that his only solution
    01-05-12 09:19 AM
    What do you all think? Do I need another battery or should I just wait till I see how long the original lasts??
    Wait and see... I've never needed one.
    01-05-12 09:21 AM
    2430 mAH without the need for a new battery door!! IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE!???
    I don't think it's possible, but if by some miracle it turns out to be true, I imagine we'll all be getting one.

As far as I know, the capacity of these batteries is determined by their size, since the chemistry is the same for all of them. So a 97% increase in capacity without any increase in size sounds too good to be true.

I think even the more modest 1400/1500 mAh batteries are larger than the OEM battery, but still able to be shoehorned into the battery compartment without a new cover.
    01-05-12 09:27 AM
    I don't think it's possible, but if by some miracle it turns out to be true, I imagine we'll all be getting one.

As far as I know, the capacity of these batteries is determined by their size, since the chemistry is the same for all of them. So a 97% increase in capacity without any increase in size sounds too good to be true.

I think even the more modest 1400/1500 mAh batteries are larger than the OEM battery, but still able to be shoehorned into the battery compartment without a new cover.
    This guy has a point. You can only fit so much power into one battery. RIM was too focused on making the device thin. That seems to have been their top priority so they sacrificed battery life. I believe they could have somehow redesigned the inside back of the device so that the battery could be longer, nearly reaching the bottom of the phone. Unfortunately this is not the case (pun not intended). As soon as a new battery is released ill be buying it. See what I don't understand is why the battery from the 9000 or 9700 doesn't fit this device. They migrated the 83xx battery to work in the 85xx and I believe the 93xx. ( 85xx I' am 100% positive about ). This seems all like a big load of crap. They half assed a great device. I love this blackberry, but they have made a crap load of mistakes.

If manufacturers are able to create paper thin 16gb micro SD cards, why can't they put more memory in this phone. It seriously dazzles my mind.
    01-05-12 09:35 AM
    I think you guys are on crack. :P

My 9900 lasts a full long day with fairly heavy usage on 4G. I see no need for a bigger battery. I'd say the fault lies with the user , a bug in your version of the OS, or an app that pegs your data connection alot.
    01-05-12 11:08 AM
    PhillDoe, I thought I was the only Phill who uses too L's in their nickname and first name. I know people only named Philip. Not Phillip, like me. Phillip is way cooler lol. But I agree. My battery is great. People don't like to read instryctions. There is a specific way to charge any device when you fir it to maximize battery life. Those who have issues didn't follow those instructions. My battery is great! I haven't put my phone down since I woke up and I'm at 65%! Check your OS versions, update, let it sit for a few dawith the same OS, if you're not getting the same battery life with the same usage, do what you have to and either keep that version, upgrade to another OS or even downgrade!
    01-05-12 11:20 AM
    I think you guys are on crack. :P

My 9900 lasts a full long day with fairly heavy usage on 4G. I see no need for a bigger battery. I'd say the fault lies with the user , a bug in your version of the OS, or an app that pegs your data connection alot.
    Thank you, oh, Great One!
    01-05-12 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD