I posted this on another thread, but I'm re-posting it here.
    Why?

I don't know why people say BB10 is awful etc, then say the solution is to buy a Samsung. Touchwiz is straight up DISGUSTING. Unless you root and install Cyangenmod. If you don't mind voiding your warranty. If it's available for your handset.. the Android headaches are endless.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    07-29-15 01:36 PM
    Hej uidroot.
    I want everything to work on normal data plan, i dont use wifi all the time but thanks for your help

Vi ses

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 10:53 PM
    I may be an oddball, but I'm not the only one. You may miss my point that it seems they threw the baby out with the bath water. I shouldn't have a more capable phone in the Classic that can't do what the 9900 had no issues or problems with.
    If something works, don't fix it. If something doesnt, then fix that. Even a fully capable and intelligent person like you admits the new system has shortcomings.
    And I expect iPhone to be different and less personal, and Androids to be more complex and less cohesive.
    But a Blackberry should by now have built on its strengths and added to its capabilities without losing the success of its past.
    Guess I'm an oddball, sorry I offended you by being obtuse, but I want consistency with innovation.
    Ferrari doesn't throw out its knowledge each time it builds a new car. Once everything was hand made, now they have a thoroughly modern manufacturing system that builds cars that still have the engineering of past success. All great companies do that. Blackberry had something to build on and they kept little of that in my opinion. But then I just want a Blackberry that works right, always, that's what I had before, that's what I demand now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    terminatorx and Hannah77 like this.
    07-30-15 10:07 AM
    My Bold wasn't confusing, the Classic is. Androids are supposed to be confusing, right?

07-30-15 10:11 AM
    You do realize that you are the oddball here. No doubt you have some valid points and I'm not discounting your opinion.

The Bold 9930 is a nice little, slow, outdated, buggy, efficient phone running an outdated, end of life OS. The vast majority of buyers got tired of its limitations.

Part of my business is helping people with phones & training them on the move from BBOS7 to BB10. It's not without some issues, but the pluses generally outweigh the negatives.

If you think BB10 is confusing, good luck with Android !

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    I may be an oddball, but I'm not the only one. You may miss my point that it seems they threw the baby out with the bath water. I shouldn't have a more capable phone in the Classic I can't do what the 9900 had no issues or problems with.
    If something works, don't fix it. If something doesnt, then fix that. Even a fully capable and intelligent person like you admits the new system has shortcomings.
    And I expect iPhone to be different and less personal, and Androids to be more complex and less cohesive.
    But a Blackberry should by now have built on its strengths and added to its capabilities without losing the success of its past.
    Guess I'm an oddball, sorry I offended you by being obtuse, but I want consistency with innovation.
    Ferrari doesn't throw out its knowledge each time it builds a new car. Once everything was hand made, now they have a thoroughly modern manufacturing system that builds cars that still have the engineering of past success. All great companies do that. Blackberry had something to build on and they kept little of that in my opinion. But then I just want a Blackberry that works right, always, that's what I had before, that's what I demand now.

07-30-15 10:14 AM
    Lol! Stop spreading FUD. Learning Android is easy peasy. My Android device likewise complements my 9900.
    Android is a mess... and you know that

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 11:06 AM
    Just like OS10 (my opinion).
    07-30-15 11:33 AM
    Android is a mess... and you know that

Posted via CB10
    What I'd consider a messy OS is one that needs to piggyback on the competition's apps and has an embarrassingly low adoption rate.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 07-30-15 at 01:52 PM.
    WES51 and Mr4aces like this.
    07-30-15 01:39 PM
    Hej uidroot.
    I want everything to work on normal data plan, i dont use wifi all the time but thanks for your help

Vi ses

Posted via CB10
    Did you have any luck making it work on data plan?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 05:47 AM
    Lots works without BIS. See the thread in my signature.
    Thanks for that thread! Even my "smart guys" learned valuable info. There CAN be life after BIS.

edit: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ut-bis-996682/
    Last edited by idssteve; 07-31-15 at 09:04 AM.
    07-31-15 08:44 AM
    This is an informative thread. Thanks everybody.

I recently bought a classic and so far, I'm not that thrilled with it. I'm coming from an iPhone 4s that I had for about 3 or so years. Before that, I had a blackberry curve. I remember that I loved the curve because it fit in my hand and it just felt like a great phone and messaging device and I could do most things with it with just one hand. The browser was slow as a turtle which I hated. that was my only complaint.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'm going to return my classic and try a bold 9900 or 9930 (not sure which one works on t-mobile). I just want a phone that does email and texts and that has a browser that I can use when needed, that fits in my hand, and which I can use just one hand (most of the time) to use it. Did I say I really really hate touch screen phones? They are frustrating. I don't mind that the classic is both but its a lot more touch centric than keyboard centric. Seems as though I use the touch 80% of the time. I was hoping I could use it just a little.

I especially liked the way my curve displayed messages and I also liked the little dock at the bottom of the screen. I was disappointed to not see it on my classic.

I hope I can pick up a brand new 9900/9930 somewhere.

Also, I think it's a mistake for blackberry to go with Android. OS 6 was a great OS IMO. I think they should have stuck with this OS. Just my two cents.
    08-01-15 09:24 PM
    You will be very happy with the bold 9900 it's the best phone BB ever made. I'm using it as my work related phone because it does everything and I can do it one handed.

BlackBerry should have never ditched bbos or at least not go touch screen centric when the pkb has been their usp.
    AllanQuatermain and Mr4aces like this.
    08-01-15 09:44 PM
    This is exactly how I feel! You have made some good points!
    08-02-15 07:58 AM
    You will be very happy with the bold 9900 it's the best phone BB ever made. I'm using it as my work related phone because it does everything and I can do it one handed.

BlackBerry should have never ditched bbos or at least not go touch screen centric when the pkb has been their usp.
    The thing is, if the classic had OS7, I think I'd absolutely love it. I miss all of the blackberry OS things that I had in OS 6 (and which I know OS 7 had).

I'm going to search for some third party apps that can make the OS 10 more like the OS 7. And I'm also looking for some new 9900's and 9930s.
    George_B likes this.
    08-02-15 11:02 AM
    Good luck finding something like that, bb10 can't even do themes or real macros.

Brand new 9900 are selling for almost no money on a lot of online retailers right now. Which is surprising because even after 4 years it's still the best bb phone ever made.

The classic lacks a pkb centric os and a removable battery plus power for it's price tag
    George_B likes this.
    08-02-15 09:23 PM
    OS10 is missing Categories for contacts.

That's why I will not give up my 9900.

Have a Q10 to keep up-to-date with the latest OS10 leaks, but they're still missing Categories.

And there's no replacement for Categories.

I won't give up my 6,300 contacts, many of which are in one or more categories.

OS10 threw out a feature that was working flawlessly.
    08-02-15 10:12 PM
    I always thought the 9900 was heavy compared to the curve.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 10:15 PM
    Did you have any luck making it work on data plan?

Posted via CB10
    I was trying to get help from an old BIS user in denmark but it seems impossible, considering BlackBerry is not popular in denmark and its their old abandoned OS. I have to stick with OS10 desv�rre.
    08-03-15 12:00 AM
    Yah it sucks. I remember 3 denmark used to offer BIS, but they removed it.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 02:44 AM
    OP - is YouTube working for you?
    08-03-15 02:23 PM
    I have discovered Gold by reactivating my Curve 8330 (3G Verizon). Sick of all the defects of all new systems and phones, have browsed for two weeks for a new phone. Maybe Passport if Verizon makes it to VoLTE or BB issues CDMA on the Passport which I think Verizon shirks because of their transition. Googleizing Blackberries is precarious as the Stagefright worm was concealed until recently.
    So simple, I got a new 1500 MaH battery from Seidio and now have a new Curve 8330(Verizon 3G) on less than 1 Gig of data. I absolutely love this phone that is the size of a cigarette pack and fits into my shirt pocket.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    08-11-15 09:28 AM
    I have discovered Gold by reactivating my Curve 8330 (3G Verizon). Sick of all the defects of all new systems and phones, have browsed for two weeks for a new phone. Maybe Passport if Verizon makes it to VoLTE or BB issues CDMA on the Passport which I think Verizon shirks because of their transition. Googleizing Blackberries is precarious as the Stagefright worm was concealed until recently.
    So simple, I got a new 1500 MaH battery from Seidio and now have a new Curve 8330(Verizon 3G) on less than 1 Gig of data. I absolutely love this phone that is the size of a cigarette pack and fits into my shirt pocket.
    I don't think the 8330 was bb's best. Maybe look around?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 12:15 PM

I recently bought a classic and so far, I'm not that thrilled with it. I'm coming from an iPhone 4s that I had for about 3 or so years. Before that, I had a blackberry curve. I remember that I loved the curve because it fit in my hand and it just felt like a great phone and messaging device and I could do most things with it with just one hand. The browser was slow as a turtle which I hated. that was my only complaint.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'm going to return my classic and try a bold 9900 or 9930 (not sure which one works on t-mobile). I just want a phone that does email and texts and that has a browser that I can use when needed, that fits in my hand, and which I can use just one hand (most of the time) to use it. Did I say I really really hate touch screen phones? They are frustrating. I don't mind that the classic is both but its a lot more touch centric than keyboard centric. Seems as though I use the touch 80% of the time. I was hoping I could use it just a little.

I especially liked the way my curve displayed messages and I also liked the little dock at the bottom of the screen. I was disappointed to not see it on my classic.

Also, I think it's a mistake for blackberry to go with Android. OS 6 was a great OS IMO. I think they should have stuck with this OS. Just my two cents.
    You can get a new 9900 from Amazon for less the $100. Used for less than $60. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B0058...UvbUpU11864946

It could always make a great backup to your Classic. You may find the 9900 browser a bit lacking by today's standards. BlackBerry did one thing right in BB10s Html5 browser.

Best thing by having both phones is you could switch between both until you find what's right for you. And if BIS really does get shut off, you have your replacement ready.

 Q10 on 10.3.2.858 
    08-19-15 12:16 AM
    I did the same thing - got rid of the Classic and went back to my Bold 9930. I was hoping the Classic woiuld be the 9930 with a better camera, and faster 4G, but it was a disappointment
    08-26-15 09:58 AM

Try a Q10

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 09:17 PM
58 123