about 50% of the time that my phone rings, I answer it, and the call immediately drops. I'll be in an area and see 5 bars, and then try to make a phone call and then drop to no bars and have the call fail. How do you not know if you have 5 bars or no bars?? Also, my SMS and MMS consistently fail as well, I'll send a text, put the phone in my pocket, and then check hours later and see that annoying X, saying that it failed for a variety of reasons. I'm on OS 7.1, whatever the latest Verizon build is. What can I do to help? Do any of the hybrids fix this?
    02-11-12 05:56 PM
    Are you on Verizon's official 7.1 release? And also, did you have a problem before you upgraded to 7.1?

If things were fine before the 7.1 upgrade, it's most likely an issue with your OS. If you still had that problem, I'd say it's hardware problem.
    02-11-12 07:05 PM
    i had a similar problem with mostly dropping calls about 10 times a day getting the call was lost screen. AT&T replaced the phone with a brand new one and a brand new sim card. I'm unsure if it just needed a new sim or the phone was defective. Regardless I have had the replacement a week and only dropped a call once. Pretty happy so far.
    02-11-12 08:10 PM
    I'm on VZW (7.1) as well and have not had this issue. I wonder if your coverage is funny, maybe a poor coverage area? Every once in a great while I'll get a email that won't go through (red x), but its rare and I can't find a reason for it. Besides that, my texting and emails are usually normal.

Do you ever do a battery pull? Seems obvious, but you never know until you try.

Also, since you're on verizon, try updating your roaming:
    Call *228 (option 2, I think)
    02-12-12 12:56 AM
    It's not just Verizon. I have AT&T, I have had this same problem. It seems to be a bug with this 7.1 OS version.
    I was at Walmart today and I received a call from my Mom when I answered it I couldn't hear the tone, I couldn't hear a voice. I checked to see if my BT was working it was. I checked my phone itself by putting it up to my ear, nothing. I had maybe 4 bars of Signal. I called about 4 times, no feedback. Finally I left to get in my car, and guess what? I was able to make the phone call. I hate having to turn Off my Mobile Network, and then turn it back on Just to send a text and make and receive a call.

I Want a New Leaked Version out already!!
    02-12-12 10:36 PM
    It's not the OS, it's not the carrier, it's the 9900! Geez I wish someone would put all the threads together on this issue so someone at RIM would read it all then FIX IT! Too many people having signal problems to ignore it!
    02-12-12 10:52 PM
    It's not the OS, it's not the carrier, it's the 9900! Geez I wish someone would put all the threads together on this issue so someone at RIM would read it all then FIX IT! Too many people having signal problems to ignore it!
    It's the OS. I have seem others complain about this same issue too. I know it's the OS because the other previous builds I used did Not have this problem. Oh and further more, I'm sure you will ask me "Well then why don't you downgrade if they didn't have this problem?" Answer is simple: This OS does Not have the 99-92 battery bug and I refuse to use any other OS with That bug. It annoyed me sooo much that I had no choice but to Upgrade to .205 regardless of the stupid signal.

I am just waiting for a New leak.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 02-12-12 at 11:19 PM.
    02-12-12 11:17 PM
    He's on a Curve - not a 99xx....
    02-12-12 11:42 PM
    Sometimes it's just how the phone gets registered on the network. The minute you have a problem, simply try turning the phone off and then turn it back on so it re-registers. Also, it's a good idea to re-boot your phone once a day to keep things fresh.
    02-13-12 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD