Hello All

Anyone else having an issue with their Audiojack not working?

when I plug anything into mine, it sends the device into a freak out not sure if it is on headphone or speaker, resulting in no audioplay back.

been about 2 weeks, Running stock OS, Rogers wants to send it away, and I've been to busy to part with it. hoping someone else might have a solution before I go back to my Torch for 2 weeks
    10-18-11 08:29 AM
    The only issue I've had is the phone not recognizing that there is something connected via the audio jack, and continuing to play the music through the phone's speaker. I've yet to experience this in any other app except Slacker, so I'm not 100% sure it's a hardware vs software (Slacker) issue...
    10-18-11 09:38 AM
    Hello All

Anyone else having an issue with their Audiojack not working?

when I plug anything into mine, it sends the device into a freak out not sure if it is on headphone or speaker, resulting in no audioplay back.

been about 2 weeks, Running stock OS, Rogers wants to send it away, and I've been to busy to part with it. hoping someone else might have a solution before I go back to my Torch for 2 weeks
    I just noticed this on my replacement 9900. My first one had a bad charger and was depleting the battery like crazy. Got the new one and battery life was much much better. Just recently tried to use my headphones but didn't work so I thought maybe it was the headphone and tried some more and still no luck. Exact same problem as yours. I'm hoping to get a replacement but not sure yet.
    11-04-11 09:10 PM
    My headphone jack works with normal standard earphones, but not my Beats Studio headset. I can't even adjust volume if I plug in my Beats, it goes haywire on me, while it's working fine on my 9780/9700/9000.
    11-04-11 10:18 PM
    Based on the above comments, its possible the audio jack is impedance sensitive. Try different headphones before deciding your phone is bad. Most run of the mill headphones/earbuds are approx. 16 ohms. Some higher quality headphones are much higher, some as high as 150 ohms. The phone may have trouble detecting headphones with higher impedance.
    11-05-11 01:39 AM
    I actually found out the software to blame. It's actually Blackberry Messenger. I tried fiddling with all the software on my Bold 9900. This went as far installing different OS's. I upgraded to the leaked OS 7.1.0.190 (which is incredible in all aspects) then I installed BBM 6.1 the official release (which came out today, 10th Jan 2012) and the problem is completely gone. So I concluded that yes, it's a software problem and I strongly believe it's the application which causes the conflict is Blackberry Messenger.

I've pulled and yanked the headphone cable like a madman as well as tried running And jumping with my phone in my pocket and they disconnect/reconnect issue has been completely eliminated. I've also tried multiple ear/headphones and the results have been consistent.

If this doesn't help, sorry guys. I tried.

Peace out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-12 08:37 AM
    My headphone jack works with normal standard earphones, but not my Beats Studio headset. I can't even adjust volume if I plug in my Beats, it goes haywire on me, while it's working fine on my 9780/9700/9000.
    That happens to me with my studio headphone too and there is a simple solution for it. plug the beats while it's off, after you plug in, turn on the beats, to make sure, you can plug, start the music and then turn on the headphone
    01-10-12 08:53 AM
    Im sure the problem lies some where w the software, there is a lot of issues w the software. Mine sometimes would stop working, have to do a battery pull, until the prob come back again, another battery pull.
    01-10-12 10:27 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my 9900, it's maddening. I've used Shure E530 (35 ohm input impedance), Sony MDR-D66 (24 ohm input impedance), Sennheisser HD-25-1 (70 ohm input impedance). They all exhibit this irritating behavior. Sometimes they work, but mostly the BlackBerry just cycles between inputs. I don't have the original BlackBerry earphones at my desk, but I'm going to have to try them when I get home.
    01-16-12 11:17 AM
    I just tried the stock BlackBerry earbuds, same issue. What's the easiest way to contact RIM for a replacement? I'm outside of the 30 day window and Future Shop won't help. They tell me to contact manufacturer, and offer no more assistance.
    01-16-12 10:39 PM
    I had problems with my old Storm2 and it was the socket that needed replaced, twice.

Intravenously expelled from my BlackBerry 9900 using mindcontrol.
    01-17-12 01:15 AM
    Hey i have headphone issue with my bold 9900 only one side of headphone works(left side).
    I tired with different headphones, speakers but doesn't work only left side works.............can anyone help me to fix this problem.
    07-17-13 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD