Am getting my 9930 today and need to be able to move my Datavault info over to that. Does anyone know if it works on the OS7 and the 9930?
    08-17-11 10:49 AM
    It does not. I attempted to install the program, but cannot get passed the registration screen. I also emailed the company regarding an update so I'm waiting to hear from them.
    08-17-11 02:43 PM
    I just received an email from Ascendo regarding an upcoming update for DataVault at some point next week. Guess the wait wont be too bad.
    08-17-11 10:07 PM
    Curious, where it says compatible.
    I understand the frustration though. It's an app that I really use. I'm anxious for the OS7 compatible updated version.
    08-18-11 10:30 PM
    I prefer eWallet, and when I emailed then they sent me a link to their Beta OS7 version, and it works great.
    08-18-11 11:46 PM
    Still no to DataVault on OS7 BlackBerrys. Their latest e-mail to me says they have no time frame yet. I had asked them how they got surprised by OS7 and they responded that OS7 was not a surprise but that it was "not given the press that every other platform's os updates are given". Not impressed.
    08-31-11 10:24 AM
    I'm in contact with them and they say they are working on it. They said they'd e-mail me when it's ready so it can't be long now.
    08-31-11 10:29 AM
    Email from ascendo said next week that a new version of datavault would be available.
    09-01-11 06:03 PM
    that's what they told me 2 weeks ago. about ready to jump ship to illium eWallet. they even sent me a beta version that works with os7. only problem, is that i can't really find an easy way to migrate the data from datavault to ewallet.

maybe its just me being impatient, but devs seem to be dragging their feet rolling out apps for os7. granted the app scene is focused on apple and android, but the bb app scene cant be completely dead can it? somewhat disheartening, especially coming back from android platform. definitely had some very good apps i wish i could find for bb.
    Last edited by wrwrx; 09-02-11 at 07:36 PM.
    09-02-11 07:31 PM
    Datavault is now compatible with the 99xx! Some have stated that they got an email link to provide the download. I went right to their website and went to the download page. Their website has not been updated, but after you download the ascendo loader, it will download the most recent version. I have it up and running on my 9930 and everything is working as it should. Just remember you need to update your activation code with your device PIN.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 02:21 AM
    Yeah, Their site has the latest cod. They said other vendors who sell this will take a few days to update with the new cod for OS7. Love the OTA sync capability with the Desktop version!
    09-06-11 08:49 AM
    Thanks wrwrx for the update.Now if they can get Ascendo Money updated I will be happy.
    09-06-11 10:59 AM
    http://www.ascendo-inc.com/ota/BBOS7_0/DataVault.jad

really wish you could link categories to templates, like MiniSafe did so elegantly. Also a much better UI would be nice, and OTA sync through BES and/or BIS.
    09-12-11 11:45 AM
    So, is this app worth it? Is it ever a Crackberry DotD?

if they made a version that worked with the PlayBook, I'd plop down the $30 in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by mgm1979; 09-19-11 at 08:48 PM.
    09-19-11 08:44 PM
    I prefer eWallet, and when I emailed then they sent me a link to their Beta OS7 version, and it works great.
    I'm trying to compare Datavault to eWallet. I'm using 9930 and BB Desktop Software 7.0 (DM)

I can't get eWallet to show up in Add-Ins to sync. Can you share the link the Beta OS7 link? or PM me with it?

Datavault works well but before paying $30, I wanna see if eWallet for $10 is good enough.
    10-30-11 03:17 AM
    I'm trying to compare Datavault to eWallet. I'm using 9930 and BB Desktop Software 7.0 (DM)

I can't get eWallet to show up in Add-Ins to sync. Can you share the link the Beta OS7 link? or PM me with it?

Datavault works well but before paying $30, I wanna see if eWallet for $10 is good enough.
    I use Ascendo Money and I can guarantee it is worth the 29 USD. I tried datavault as well and is far more better then e wallet you simply can't compared them.

10-30-11 08:25 AM
    I use Ascendo Money and I can guarantee it is worth the 29 USD. I tried datavault as well and is far more better then e wallet you simply can't compared them.

Thanks. Actually eWallet is also $30 if you also buy the PC part so you can sync up with Blackberry.

I tried out the latest eWallet version and it's right there with Datavault. Both are very well designed and work with great with 9930 and OS7. Both are very configurable.

I'm sure there are differences but I haven't found them yet. If anyone knows, please post.

Thanks
    10-30-11 11:51 AM
    If I use Data Vault on my Android, will my passwords sync with the Blackberry version when I switch?

Also, I see Data Vault syncs with Dropbox? Is that safe?
    11-18-11 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD