Hi,

I got my self a 9900 in India through Reddington just after the 9900 was launched in India. A week back has some problems and decided to give the instrument to an authorised service center of Reddington. They give me a new instrument with a new pin number and a new IMIE number.
    I had taken a full back up of my instrument before I surrendered my old instrument and restored the back up once I was given the new instrument thro the SD card [32gb].

I have realised that all my application have disappeared and am having to re install them one after the other, even the paid ones even after I have reinstalled by BB ID etc.

Do I need to buy the apps again?
    01-31-13 06:29 AM
    Hi,

I got my self a 9900 in India through Reddington just after the 9900 was launched in India. A week back has some problems and decided to give the instrument to an authorised service center of Reddington. They give me a new instrument with a new pin number and a new IMIE number.
    I had taken a full back up of my instrument before I surrendered my old instrument and restored the back up once I was given the new instrument thro the SD card [32gb].

I have realised that all my application have disappeared and am having to re install them one after the other, even the paid ones even after I have reinstalled by BB ID etc.

Do I need to buy the apps again?
    Hi.
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

I would always recommend for a user to use a PC to backup & restore their device data using this tried & true method...
    Backup and restore data using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6 | CrackBerry.com
    I would also point out that a device data backup is a totally separate operation than a 3rd party apps backup.
    I would always recommend for a user to use a PC to backup their 3rd party apps using this tried & true method...
    Backing up 3rd party applications on your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    If you purchased applications from a different vendor outside of AppWorld such as MobiHand, you will need to retrieve these applications from your third party backup, and use previously saved activation codes that (hopefully) you retained somewhere, as MobiHand no longer exists and you cannot download any applications from them any longer. If that is not an option for you, in a lot of instances, you may be able to find the same applications posted on the developer sites, or you could contact the developers directly for assistance for direct download links and activations.

Hopefully the free applications you mentioned can be also found on AppWorld. I would recommend searching there as well.

Without a 3rd party backup to restore your applications from, unfortunately the only way to get your applications back is to download them one by one...
    Even from AppWorld.

The good that you can take from this is that they will be fresh installs and should work without issues.
    Another good point is that if you sign into AppWorld with your BBID, your paid applications should be recognized, and you should not have to pay for those again.

HTH.
    01-31-13 04:21 PM