Hi Folks,I have very strange problem since it happened to use different wifi spots(not just mine at home).I have recently noticed that my apps won't work without restart?I mean whats app,viber,facebook....I have connection with my browser only?What might be the problem?I have the last OS installed(1033).Thanks in advance!This is not happening only in my office and home-I use the same routers(same models).
    mohamed hassan7 likes this.
    08-14-13 08:23 AM
    Maybe it's a firewall issue with the work router? Anyone have any ideas?
    08-14-13 09:09 AM
    When on wifi do you get the BIS logo next to your wifi icon?

What happens if you switch off cellular and have wifi on only ? you need to give a few more details before people can help.

What network, what country what phone etc...
    08-14-13 12:11 PM
    The logo is shown when I use wifi.On services menu it shows BIS connection-WIFI.When i restart for example Whats app passes initialization and then starts to work properly,Viber too. You guys think it might be a router related problem?
    A firewall?I dont think so.
    08-15-13 10:28 AM
    And when the apps fail but the browser is working do you still have the BIS icon by the Wifi & is BBM still working?
    08-15-13 11:43 AM
    And when the apps fail but the browser is working do you still have the BIS icon by the Wifi & is BBM still working?
    I dont use BBM anymore.This issue makes me fuc***g crazy.
    Last edited by dark0ne_; 08-15-13 at 03:56 PM.
    08-15-13 02:27 PM
    I'm unable to offer much in the way of assistance then - sorry.

I can help but you would need to run a number of tests, provide the exact info and go through a number of steps and provide the exact info.

I presume you have called your carrier & run through the help with them? I understand your pissed and trying to get help, but in order for *me* to try & help I need much better answers than what I've got so far and you need to be prepared to do some testing.
    08-16-13 11:26 AM
    What exactly you need to know?I will tell you....from now on I have canceled my biss service.I have backed up my service books.I did fresh reinstall and I have 9 service books obly with proper wifi books.The problem still exists.

I feel fu**ing good with the RC13+861 base & sfi....
    Sent from my Bold 9900 with Tapatalk
    08-16-13 03:04 PM
    Here is my wifi service book.I have another for the browser.

Attached Thumbnails Apps Don't Work on WIFI or When Switching WIFI. Restart is Required!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    08-16-13 03:14 PM
    I have more than 9 service books in a non BIS enabled phone so I'm not sure what you have done. You can delete your service books and the ones your supposed to have *may* get pushed back out to you as your provider should auto detect your on a blackberry device even if there is no active plan. Failing that restore from a backup.

I have no straight answer to your problem - I've checked my non enabled phones and they all work fine on Wifi.
    I think you may still have a rouge service book somewhere which is causing you problems - you might also want to check your APN settings are correct or not used as per advise from your provider.

Sorry can't give you anything more to go on. Call your provider (assuming they will provide you support) - they will try & tell you you need a BIS/BES plan - but as we all know you don't! Otherwise someone else may be able to provide some assistance.

Sorry.
    08-19-13 12:18 PM
    I have more than 9 service books in a non BIS enabled phone so I'm not sure what you have done. You can delete your service books and the ones your supposed to have *may* get pushed back out to you as your provider should auto detect your on a blackberry device even if there is no active plan. Failing that restore from a backup.

I have no straight answer to your problem - I've checked my non enabled phones and they all work fine on Wifi.
    I think you may still have a rouge service book somewhere which is causing you problems - you might also want to check your APN settings are correct or not used as per advise from your provider.

Sorry can't give you anything more to go on. Call your provider (assuming they will provide you support) - they will try & tell you you need a BIS/BES plan - but as we all know you don't! Otherwise someone else may be able to provide some assistance.

Sorry.
    Thanks Mate. I have tested few wifi networks and it seem to be router related issue.Some wifi networks are operational without reset.Strange,but I can handle it for now.

08-21-13 04:03 PM
    No problems.

If you have time on your hands and want to test more stuff out - you could try connecting to the 'troublesome' wireless networks with a static IP address and DNS settings for the phone and see what happens. You might also want to note if they all use the same encryption (for example)

Otherwise good luck & at least you found a work round.
    08-23-13 01:07 PM
    Interesting - I have just started having this problem on an offline Curve 3G. The only thing I know which has changed was the Whatsapp version.

Are you still having this problem or did you sort something?
    09-10-13 11:36 AM
    I recently updated my OS to .1047 and I started having same issue. WiFi works for some time, and after some time it just won't, everything works fine, I tried to ping google trough wifi and it does good, but any other application doesn't work (FB, Twitter, AppWorld) untill restart. I don't have BIS plan at the moment. Is anybody found any solution to this or at least cause? It never happened on any of my previous OS versions.
    09-22-13 07:57 AM
    Hmmm... Sounds like something is broken then. No - I have no answer as yet and it dont always happen every time.
    09-23-13 07:16 AM
    After seeing your post, I just went to check my service books for my IP address and discovered that my 9930�s Wi-Fi has been disconnected for the past half-hour and wouldn�t reconnect.

I have VZW data turned off (intentionally) to force the browser on Wi-Fi. Saturday I was checking Bluetooth headset connectivity to this device with streaming Internet media and got a 50% data usage plan warning from VZW. The 9930 was keeping the browser on VZW data even though I had a solid Wi-Fi connection.

Just went out to the post office around the corner for about 15 minutes and came back. Diagnostics shows the Wi-Fi signal drop to zero when I left the house, then it shows it returning for about 10 minutes. Then it dropped and just came back after about 30 minutes. During that half-hour the device was about 10� from the wireless router and both a laptop and Wi-Fi bridge had solid connections.

Been running 9930 diagnostics continuously since Friday and it showed Wi-Fi was dropping regularly throughout an hour with routine use. But it rarely dropped Wi-Fi on the overnight when the device is sitting in one place and charging.
    09-23-13 03:56 PM
    I've not had any wifi disconnections - just the data sessions for certain apps not tunneling correctly.
    In my example I have no data contract at all on the phone, so anything that needs data can only go via wifi. The browser still works, but whatsapp fails to detect its connected still.

As for your problem - when your are on wifi do you get the BB logo next to your wifi icon? Other things you can check - is your wifi router set to use an 'auto' channel ? if so pick 1 and disable it for a while see if the issue goes away. Also if you goto http://www.netstumbler.com and download the app (PC needed) you can look at your wifi signal, and co-channel interference - you might just need to move channels.

What crypto do you use on your wifi? if its something exotic (Radius for example) change it to WPA/WPA2 and see if theirs any difference.

See if any of that helps.
    09-23-13 04:26 PM
    Are you absolutely certain that your app tunneling problem might not be a Wi-Fi disconnect issue? If I hadn�t seen the 9930 disconnect a few times (while I had a RIM tech on the phone) I would not have suspected it. BBDA nailed it, but doesn�t show me the reason.

I usually have the Blackberry network icon present while on Wi-Fi, except when a hotspot portal is blocking me, or the past few days where I had a Wi-Fi session established but the device was not reestablishing a RIM network session.

I have Netstumbler and use it on occasion, but there�s nothing to see here. There are no other Wi-Fi systems around me within range so interference is not an issue. I have this router set for auto channel select and have seen it shift channels to avoid interference (at another location).

For encryption I use AES with WPA2. I�m not planning on changing that.
    09-24-13 05:57 AM
    Are you absolutely certain that your app tunneling problem might not be a Wi-Fi disconnect issue? If I hadn’t seen the 9930 disconnect a few times (while I had a RIM tech on the phone) I would not have suspected it. BBDA nailed it, but doesn’t show me the reason.
    I'll say 'Yes' as the browser works without fail - my test device is only os6 so I have no BBDA to check against. I'll also say its not dropping off the wifi as I dont see endless DHCP requests to my server when it reconnects.

I usually have the Blackberry network icon present while on Wi-Fi, except when a hotspot portal is blocking me, or the past few days where I had a Wi-Fi session established but the device was not reestablishing a RIM network session.
    OK I have no BIS/BES service enabled on my test device, but my in traffic work devices all sit on the same Wifi and be quite happy there with BIS via wifi. The only times I've had troubles are when the HRT Wifi entry magically goes. It usually resolves its self after a bit of time though I've never got to the bottom as to why...

I have Netstumbler and use it on occasion, but there’s nothing to see here. There are no other Wi-Fi systems around me within range so interference is not an issue. I have this router set for auto channel select and have seen it shift channels to avoid interference (at another location).

For encryption I use AES with WPA2. I’m not planning on changing that.
    That's ok - I was just covering off the obvious stuff not knowing what you may have already done, or how you operate your network. I've had no issues with WPA2, only enterprise stuff on certain access points.
    09-24-13 12:23 PM
    For encryption I use AES with WPA2. I’m not planning on changing that.
    I had a similar problem when using my router with WPA2 and AES encryption selected. Had random disconnects, sometimes it didn't want to connect at all. Tried everything i could, deleting service books and registering again, wipe and reload different os versions. I changed my router settings to: WPA/WPA2 Personal, version: automatic/ encryption: automatic. Now it works just fine. Maybe just try and see if it works fine.
    09-25-13 01:35 AM
    i have exactly the same prob. with os 7.1.0.1033
    12-13-13 09:12 PM