I've had them all....I'm enjoying my 9900 and I think that its a great device. Of all my devices - if I had to go out into the wilderness and be sure that my messages were getting back home - I'd be on a berry for sure.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    wolfee48 and ILUMINATIUNDEAD like this.
    02-15-12 11:00 PM
    i wish there was netflix for blackberry... ):
    02-16-12 02:19 AM
    as the advert says,

"we need tools not toys"

maybe you need the toy......

i am MORE than happy with the apps that are avaliable for the 9900, i dont have many but the quality is spot on.
    02-16-12 02:40 AM
    The justification for the poor selection of BB apps needs to stop. It's laughable, honestly. It's not about business vs toys or any of that nonsense. Fact of the matter is that some apps make your life easier, and BB is severely deficient in those apps. Not only that but the constant "available for iOS/Android" without any BB mention in most app advertising is a constant blow to the BB brand. Above all, the MARKET and consumers in general have spoken in a big way and they want the apps that Android/iOS offer. Apps which BB can't match in many cases.
    sbcdk, mssca and SOTK like this.
    02-16-12 02:48 AM
    part of the problem is that Blackberry came late to the app party. Then for the past year and a half everyone was aware that Rim will be changing their platform to the QNX OS.

Many companies and independent developers have decided to wait for BB10 before spending the time and money creating Blackberry apps. Why spend effort creating for OS 7 when its on the way out? The bad publicity RIM has been getting definitely isnt helping.

Many people can survive without all the apps that ios and android have and many people cant. Ive downloaded tons of apps to my ipad 2 and samsung galaxy tab over the past year but I realized I actually only use a handful of them day to day.

thats why i decided on getting the 9900 and i am enjoying it. I knew it had the apps i personally needed and the form factor of the keyboard and touch screen had me from the first time i held it, apps be damned!

But no doubt Blackberry has to fix the app issue. I think they realize now that they must cater to the developer community in order to survive. We will see what happens but in the mean time i love using my 9900!
    Last edited by DenimAndLeather; 02-16-12 at 03:28 AM.
    ILUMINATIUNDEAD likes this.
    02-16-12 03:21 AM
    Blackberry has the apps I use and need also, even if they aren't millions, at least they're the ones I use daily. I had experience on android and windows mobile, using my brother's apple device for a few weeks (jailbreaking and having a ball until I gave it back to him, it was rendered useless until I reloaded the jailbroken firmware, itunes never worked at all until it was done), I'll stick with my blackberry, it's what I use daily. Messaging, e-mail, phone calls. If I didn't have it, trust me, I would be a damn hobbit troll! (Not the troll we all hate, but one who would be never leaving the computer to check e-mail, not like that, but at least checking 20 times a day)

Blackberry freed me from that and I am very thankful to have e-mail access in the palm of my hand!

I'm not really an app person, I'm aware of the glitches and pros/cons too. I'm just very appreciative of what I have.

8130 > 9700 > 9900.
    02-16-12 06:12 AM
    im a mac-book pro user (for a long time, since 2004), but most of the people at apple, that says that the iphone has a lot of apps, and this make it better, sounds like a joke...
    If you compare a mac based computer, with a windows based one, the main difference is simple, windows has millons of apps and programs more, and apple has a better function in some specific areas (graphics, video etc..) and a great build quality.....
    this speech sounds familiar?....
    the marketing campaigns are changes, where's the "Think Different" slogan, when apple tries to make a massive product?

sorry for my poor gramatic, im not a natural english speaker, but i hope all understand a think about this, buy what you need (for me BB is better by now, i work with the phone e-mail, and fecebook everyday), not what the advertisment says is better....
    Last edited by scoltore; 02-16-12 at 07:25 AM.
    02-16-12 06:31 AM
    iphone have many many apps but how many app is really needed?
    02-16-12 06:49 AM
    as the advert says,

"we need tools not toys"

maybe you need the toy......

i am MORE than happy with the apps that are avaliable for the 9900, i dont have many but the quality is spot on.
    This is part of the problem right here, this attitude....you do realize that Iphones are showing up more and more in the workplace and I believe could possibly outnumber blackberries soon, if they havent already...I know I own a business and when I am at meetings I see 1 blackberry...the rest Iphones or android and this was a blackberry die hard community!
    02-16-12 06:52 AM
    iphone have many many apps but how many app is really needed?
    The apps that make my life easier. How about this way... forget about third party apps, let's focus on RIM's own crappy apps. If RIM can't encourage my university to create an app to access the student data, at least RIM should provide me with a good web browser so I can access my student information over Internet.

ALL of my friends in Androids and Apple iPhones can access student data from at least their mobile web browser. As soon as grades are posted, they can see their marks while I have to run for a computer with my junk Bold 9900 which RIM priced it close to high end phones. The Bold 9900 OS 7.1 browser stop loading the Grade table half way! NO OTHER phone that sell over $500 Canadian have this problem, except the phones made by RIM! FU RIM. :mad

Forget about many many apps iPhone have.... why not talk about great core apps, such as a good browser, that Blackberry doesn't have?
    Last edited by mss-ca; 02-16-12 at 08:28 AM.
    02-16-12 08:25 AM
    The apps that make my life easier. How about this way... forget about third party apps, let's focus on RIM's own crappy apps. If RIM can't encourage my university to create an app to access the student data, at least RIM should provide me with a good web browser so I can access my student information over Internet.

ALL of my friends in Androids and Apple iPhones can access student data from at least their mobile web browser. As soon as grades are posted, they can see their marks while I have to run for a computer with my junk Bold 9900 which RIM priced it close to high end phones. The Bold 9900 OS 7.1 browser stop loading the Grade table half way! NO OTHER phone that sell over $500 Canadian have this problem, except the phones made by RIM! FU RIM. :mad

Forget about many many apps iPhone have.... why not talk about great core apps, such as a good browser, that Blackberry doesn't have?
    I dont know about this, I think the browser for blackberry is better then my iphone...also according to the tech heads it scores better on every test...am I wrong?
    02-16-12 08:35 AM
    I dont know about this, I think the browser for blackberry is better then my iphone...also according to the tech heads it scores better on every test...am I wrong?
    This may be right technically. But the Oracle PeopleSoft grade tables nor student course registration system never loads on Blackberry. Not on 9700, 9900, etc, etc. I asked few people about this and one of my professors now use an iPhone because even she had enough of dealing with PeopleSoft system on Blackberry.

Considering RIM uses Java to program Blackberries and PeopleSoft is made by Oracle who also owns Java, I have no idea why they can't fix this issue.
    02-16-12 08:40 AM
    Look, guys... You are not doing BB any favor by putting down users, who want to do more with their device. If you preach that BB should only be able to do business stuff and they actually listen, you are helping to kill off BB!

iPhone IS catching up on the business part. We all know that. So as BB is losing that monopoly, they have to gain other market shares.

I am here using an iPhone 4S. Trying to learn, wondering if a 9900 is something I should buy, so I read a lot of threads like this one. Whenever someone pushes for BB to expand, renew, the buy-it meter goes up. Whenever someone else says BB is not a toy, don't try to make it an all-in-one device, I feel like BB is a sinking ship, for the reasons stated above.

Like I said, I am on a 4S writing this. Sold my Samsung Galaxy Note this past weekend and my Samsung S2 a few months ago. I am always looking for new devices to make my day better and now I think it is time to try the 9900. Having spent more than $2.000 on software and music on my iTunes account and not about to stop now, surely BB could use new costumers like me? I only wish the user base was asking more, more out of their devices, as it is the only way to make the big companies listen...
    Wow. An actual constructive suggestion and not just flames. I agree with you completely. We need BB with full 300+dpi AMOLED 4.5 inch touch screen with a smooth slide keyboard like 9900 and OS as smooth and liquid as iOS. Of course with BBM and BB security complete with the "play" apps fully secure from hacking.
    Any takers?
    02-16-12 08:48 AM
    Wow. An actual constructive suggestion and not just flames. I agree with you completely. We need BB with full 300+dpi AMOLED 4.5 inch touch screen with a smooth slide keyboard like 9900 and OS as smooth and liquid as iOS. Of course with BBM and BB security complete with the "play" apps fully secure from hacking.

Any takers?

Now that sounds more like it!
    02-17-12 05:04 PM
    I don't really know WHAT IS decent anymore...
    02-17-12 09:19 PM
    What's with the lack of decent apps for BlackBerry phones!!!??? It's really annoying me and making me jealous that iPhone users have more and better apps!
    I don't find any issues with the available apps. If you want to download all the latest and greatest apps get apple or iphone.
    02-17-12 10:28 PM
    I don't find any issues with the available apps. If you want to download all the latest and greatest apps get apple or iphone.

I'd never buy an iPhone. Too overpriced and not reliable enough.
    02-18-12 04:35 AM
    I'd never buy an iPhone. Too overpriced and not reliable enough.
    I agree. But having a second-hand android device would be nice for the apps blackberry doesn't have. I remember the Korg app. Loved it. I might get a second-hand device again to be able to experience the fun. Then again, I need to verify if x86 android project has updated itself for the next release so I can see if it'll work on the netbook or desktop. I await the day for 3.x support.
    02-18-12 04:42 AM
    Included in the iPhones huge selection of apps are specialized apps for professionals in various fields: medical, pharmaceutical, etc. BB has some of these but needs more. The advantage of having 500,000 apps available is that you have a good chance of finding the few that you really need. People will avoid a platform that doesn't have the app they really really need, no matter how frivolous or arcane that app may seem to the rest of us.
    02-18-12 06:41 AM
    Android phones have alot more selections of apps doing the same thing, and for free.. for example I have 3 free remote desktop apps, like 10 different book readers, a few nice 3d launchers, tens of 3d themes, battery saving apps, 3-4 free name card readers, many2 news readers. countless games.. all free. I can update them in one click. unlike bb updates which can be messy, gotta do updates one at a time, and requires reboots.. In terms of apps BB is way behind. I really wish they will correct this in OS 10. Having said all that, my 9900 is still my main device its efficiency and security, Go fix them RIM..
    02-18-12 10:47 AM
    eBay app is horible compared to the iPhone and there is no PayPal app. These are my only gripes from switching from my iPhone to my Bold. Running an eBay business isn't as easy to do from my BB but I refuse to go back to the iPhone.
    02-18-12 01:06 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD