I installed the new apple MavericksOS
    and now the BB Desk top software won�t sync.
    It says �sync services are turned off on this mac.�
    How do you re-enable them in Mavrick?
    10-22-13 09:52 PM
    Sync Services: Advanced troubleshooting for contact and calendar syncing
    You should also keep in mind that Mavericks is brand new and some things may need to be updated before everything will work accordingly. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling BB Desktop Software.
    10-23-13 12:40 AM
    I also upgraded to 10.9 and received the same error message from the Desktop Software.

In the link Bla1ze was kind enough to include in his reply, it says: "Important: The steps in this article only apply if: You are not using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later. This article does not apply if you are using OS X Mavericks."
    It sounds like Sync Services no longer apply to syncing issues on Maverick.

After searching on the Apple Support Communities, I found this post:

where is "sync"in mavericks?

It appears Sync Services have been removed, so all iPhone syncing is done via iCloud.

Until BlackBerry finds a workaround, or Apple decides to reintegrate Sync Services, the Desktop Software sync is broken.
    andy957 likes this.
    10-24-13 01:19 AM
    Thanks. Sounds like another "if it not apple it doesn't work with apple" issue.
    Last edited by Bookshelf; 10-24-13 at 08:58 AM.
    bibbula and rayporsche like this.
    10-24-13 07:23 AM
    I get "An error was encountered while syncing ZERO." when trying to sync my calendar, Music and pictures seem to sync properly though.
    10-24-13 08:00 AM
    I installed the new apple MavericksOS
    and now the BB Desk top software won’t sync.
    It says “sync services are turned off on this mac.”
    How do you re-enable them in Mavrick?
    As with many things not "native" to an OS, after an update, external 3rd party software may not work properly. Especially when dealing with security changes. Try what Bla1ze said and re-install. Personally I wouldn't even update for a few weeks. I tested Mavericks in beta, but never tried out BB Link on it.
    10-24-13 08:06 AM
    Re-installing desktop BB doesn't work. I'll try to reinstall Lion this weekend.
    Missing sync might eventually come out with a maverick version.
    Apple now forces everything into their cloud so the best bet is to avoid maverick all together.
    Last edited by Bookshelf; 10-24-13 at 01:54 PM.
    10-24-13 08:58 AM
    This is not a great option, but I did a Security Swipe and started from scratch on my Q10 and it is now syncing with BB Link just fine. Hope this helps.
    10-25-13 06:39 PM
    No.There is no traditional (USB) sync function in Maverick.
    That leaves Blackberry desk top out of the loop.

This is not a great option, but I did a Security Swipe and started from scratch on my Q10 and it is now syncing with BB Link just fine. Hope this helps.
    10-27-13 11:43 AM
    I am currently using the 9790/9900, and encountered this problem when I updated to Maverick.
    I am experimenting "Syncamatic" (free website version), which appears to be working just fine.
    But it's a PITA that I have to duplicate every calendar entry (and contact, task, and notes) in their website.
    I know they have a separate program to directly sync iCloud, but it carries a rather hefty price. If it works great, I might consider it
    rather than Desktop software or the Missing Sync" (another victim of Maverick) nonsense.
    Syncamatic (web version) is at least very simple and straightforward, if you do not mind extra task to duplicate entries in their website (or unless you are willing to use their website as a default).
    Last edited by xanadome; 10-27-13 at 08:55 PM.
    10-27-13 12:31 PM
    Cool thanks.
    I sent a note to Missing sync and got a less the optimistic response. They said it will probably require a cloud based solution. (Sort of a "don't hold your breath" reply) This has got to be killing companies/users that rely on syncing their devices.
    Last edited by Bookshelf; 10-28-13 at 12:46 PM.
    10-27-13 08:13 PM
    May be, in next update BB solves this problem... now sync with 9930 not working anyway(((
    10-28-13 07:13 AM
    May be, in next update BB solves this problem... now sync with 9930 not working anyway(((
    I wouldn't expect an update fixing it.

In the meantime BBRY posted a article just saying that it does not work, suggesting to use an older version of Mac OSX …
    KB35311-BlackBerry Desktop Software and OS X Mavericks
    11-02-13 04:51 AM
    The last mac user meeting was pretty grim.
    BB syncing was one of many things that aren't working.
    11-05-13 06:05 PM
    i need some help for a friend of me... he can`t sync his 9900 no longer after updating to mavericks. some one found a fix so far?
    02-14-14 05:44 AM
    Nope. I don't expect Apple to help matters. This will probably require a 3rd party application or a fix from Blackberry itself. Both of which are unlikely.
    03-04-14 08:32 PM
    Nope. I don't expect Apple to help matters. This will probably require a 3rd party application or a fix from Blackberry itself. Both of which are unlikely.
    As other folks said, Maverick removed the usual sync service.
    There are 3rd party cloud sync services that sync with iCloud, but I found that the BIS sync with Google works perfectly, wireless both ways. You just have to create a Google account in both iCal and Contacts (calDav & CardDav), simple.
    03-04-14 11:56 PM
    Hi Xanadome,

Being a newbee with regards to Blackberrry I have, as you suggested, created a Google account to use to syncronise my contacts/mail/calendar/notes/messages on my BB 9360 (recovered from my daughter!) and then what do I do? Can you give a more detailed reply?
    03-13-14 10:01 AM
    Hi Xanadome,

Being a newbee with regards to Blackberrry I have, as you suggested, created a Google account to use to syncronise my contacts/mail/calendar/notes/messages on my BB 9360 (recovered from my daughter!) and then what do I do? Can you give a more detailed reply?
    Hi Henry,

I am not an expert on BB but syncing with Google was a bit of hit and miss initially.
    You can search "Google Blackberry sync", and there are many discussions, albeit they are all confusing, to tell the truth :-).

Check this out, and you might be able to succeed. Once it started working, it's a breeze.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...solved-763835/
    03-13-14 05:44 PM
    Thanks all. Yep I've been using google to sync when I can.
    It works for the calendar. Hit or miss with notes.
    Nothing like the full up sync I use to get with BB desk top.
    It's also not very secure.
    03-16-14 08:57 AM
    This just came out- "Apple on Thursday seeded the latest betas of OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 and iTunes 11.1.6 to developers for testing, with the new software marking a return of contacts and calendar data syncing in iTunes.
    Apple restores iTunes contacts & calendars syncing in new OS X Mavericks 10.9.3, iTunes 11.1.6 betas

Does any one have the beta software
    and know if it works for Blackberry Desk top?
    04-10-14 08:04 PM
    You can't, apparently. Apple, while giving us great stuff, has a history of treating its customers with contempt.

I hope they have a rethink on this.
    06-02-14 07:59 PM